DSLR Settings

Hi, I film and shoot with my 7D. Depending on what body you are using, some camera sensors just don't handle well over ISO400. For example the 600D is very noisy over ISO800, but with my 7D I can shoot at 1600 in low light with very little noise.

My only advice is to either add more lighting or change to a better sensor camera.

Have you checked your power settings on those lights? I would guess shooting at ISO 1600 even at f/8 with 2 1600w lights that you would be having issues of blowing details out rather than struggling to get enough light. You might also have the softboxes too far back too. If you can't reach out and touch the soft boxes there's a good chance they're too far away. For some lighting setups they're so close they're barely out of frame. Just depends on the mood you're setting. Set your ISO to 100 and then start playing with your power settings on the lights and moving them closer and see what you come up with. Also if you have small soft boxes .. like 2x3 feet .. you could try taking the inside diffuser panel out.

Back