Driving people to my website from my YouTube video

brm2300

New Member
I have an auto reviews YouTube channel with monetization enabled. I would like to put a call out graphic in my videos that says "Click to get pricing on a new honda accord (specific to the review)". By clicking on the graphic a person would be driven to my site (note: the graphic would not stay on the screen the entire time). The landing page on my site would have additional information specific to the car, but it would also have a form that I would be paid on if they submitted it. Is this against YouTube's policies?
Thanks,
 
As far as I know there is nothing against doing this in youtube's TOS, I've seen many people advertise websites on youtube, it's a great way to get site traffic :)
 
I think the annotations in the videos CAN'T include a link directing to a website other than YouTube. Links to different websites in the description box are ok. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Directing people to go to specific websites from Youtube videos is not against Youtube policies, however what is against the policies is specifically making videos that are meant to direct people to go to links. If you make a tutorial video for example and then add an annotation saying go here for more information that is completely fine. However if you make a video simply saying go to this site, depending on the way it has been said it could violate the Youtube policies, and the punishments are usually not that bad. Either way, it's not illegal but just don't over do it ^_^
 
Back
Top