Don't Subscribe Please

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
^^ I decided that would be the catchphrase of my new channel, I've already made videos that say it in the credits and have a banner that says it. I was going to do it in a few ways, sometimes saying "Don't bother subscribing, I'll find you instead" and "Feel free to like favorite and share these videos but don't subscribe please, because I'm just not ready to make that kind of commitment."

And then for milestones I was going to do funny videos where I scold my subscribers for subbing but you know, make it obvious it's a joke outside of the people who can't even tell Miranda Sings is trolling, but you know, should be obvious to anyone who can even remotely use their brain I'm not serious.

But I just.. I'm seeing don't subscribe all over these videos and suddenly had a slight doubt just like.. people will grasp it's a joke right? This isn't gonna blow up in my face is it... lol thought i might as well get your opinions.

The best thing that could happen is if your message fails, and people subscribe, right?
You might even want to take it further with the notion that the surest way for people to p**s you off is to subscribe to you. You could act angrier and angrier and list the people who subscribe to you, and be like "STOP DOING THIS TO ME, PEOPLE!" This could really turn into something.

I'm glad I looked up Miranda sings before I read this thread lol. I think that would be a hilarious catchphrase! But it could potentially deny you a couple subs. Since there are ignorant people that watch Mirandas videos, there will probably be ignorant people that watch yours

The best thing that could happen is if your message fails, and people subscribe, right?
You might even want to take it further with the notion that the surest way for people to p**s you off is to subscribe to you. You could act angrier and angrier and list the people who subscribe to you, and be like "STOP DOING THIS TO ME, PEOPLE!" This could really turn into something.
That was exactly the plan! That's how I saw it in my head, when I hit 500 subs? I'll get on there and just stare and be like "You know I make these videos for you all out of the kindness of my heart... and how do you repay me? With THIS????" *shows 500 subs* Can you not read the freaking banner???? Do you WANT me to keep making videos? Cause that is EXACTLY what I am gonna do people! I'll DO IT! etc lolll[DOUBLEPOST=1403296874,1403296833][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm glad I looked up Miranda sings before I read this thread lol. I think that would be a hilarious catchphrase! But it could potentially deny you a couple subs. Since there are ignorant people that watch Mirandas videos, there will probably be ignorant people that watch yours
Right and I figured that much in but I think... surely they'd be enough in the minority it wouldn't TRULY hurt anything. Thanks for the feedback.

Id be careful with it myself, people might think youre a complete nut for saying it, take it that you dont care for subscribers and move on lol

Id be careful with it myself, people might think youre a complete nut for saying it, take it that you dont care for subscribers and move on lol
Hmm... right and I had a slight inkling of that and that's why I posted this thread but... I dunno... it would be one thing if it was JUST "Don't subscribe" being said randomly but I will give ludicrous reasons. Making it sound like subscribing is the same as dating, and I'm not ready for that commitment or just the short and sweet "Don't subscribe, I'll find you :)" And just.. I dunno... I mean I think I'm gonna do it I'm like 95 percent sure, I just have to admit it is weird seeing "don't subscribe" in every video lol[DOUBLEPOST=1403297281,1403297218][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was gonna subscribe but then you told me not to so, SUX2BU LEWL
See only a person who literally typed like that would think that way and I mean.. how badly do I need those subs anyway haha maybe I should think of this like a sifter that weeds out the subs I may not want anyway hahahaha

Hmm... right and I had a slight inkling of that and that's why I posted this thread but... I dunno... it would be one thing if it was JUST "Don't subscribe" being said randomly but I will give ludicrous reasons. Making it sound like subscribing is the same as dating, and I'm not ready for that commitment or just the short and sweet "Don't subscribe, I'll find you :)" And just.. I dunno... I mean I think I'm gonna do it I'm like 95 percent sure, I just have to admit it is weird seeing "don't subscribe" in every video lol[DOUBLEPOST=1403297281,1403297218][/DOUBLEPOST]
See only a person who literally typed like that would think that way and I mean.. how badly do I need those subs anyway haha maybe I should think of this like a sifter that weeds out the subs I may not want anyway hahahaha
But....but...but....fame :( and money and views and subs :(

I used to like your "subscribe... for sexy time" that one was good haha maybe something like that could work or be turned into a joke. I just feel that its good to mention why people should subscribe to you like subscribe for more awesome songs, subscribe to get weekly updates from the world of Symph etc things like that give people a reason why they should, even the sexy time promise would work still, its funny and maybe you could refer to it more and do a fake sexy time show or references in your videos every now and then.

Back