Don't Be Afraid To Make A Thumbnail

Crunchmoo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah he seems to think it is fine the way it is, and that if we try making our own thumbnails the way I have been trying it will only seem like we are trying to hard, and they will see our sub count and never come back. I think he is full of crap but what ever. lol

Vlaerth

I play Old School Games
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah he seems to think it is fine the way it is, and that if we try making our own thumbnails the way I have been trying it will only seem like we are trying to hard, and they will see our sub count and never come back. I think he is full of crap but what ever. lol
Yeah, always go for unique thumbnails, it will catch eyes and if you can catch eyes, then you catch views. If you can catch views, you catch subscribers.

iSpoonGoons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Even though i make pretty crappy thumbnails, it really does help with overall look of your video!

Nycosis

No, my name is not the name of a medical disease.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Even if your thumbnail is bad, it grabs the attention of the viewer! It even adds a little professionalism to your videos!

Reactions: Vlaerth

Shanio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just get a picture of a game and then Let's Play! or Review to the thumbnail

MultiNecroMan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i make the thumbnails in photoshop and idea comes on the moment i use like what i have in the video mainly and i make a thumbnail about it its pretty easy and fun

Reaction score
I just recently got into the custom thumbnail game. I've designed and added custom thumbnails to quite a few of our videos. Obviously the impact is tough to measure but it just "feels" right. Heh heh. Adding the name of the video in big eye catching text doesn't hurt. Also, tweak the look of a custom still from the video and boom.

StoeDan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I freaking Love this site :) It's like everything i need for Youtube i can find here :p

So i have two questions:
What programm do you youse to make thumbnails (free)?
Do they have a min/max. size?

Reactions: babyteeth4

MudPlayz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I freaking Love this site :) It's like everything i need for Youtube i can find here :p

So i have two questions:
What programm do you youse to make thumbnails (free)?
Do they have a min/max. size?
You can use various programs such as Gimp, Paint.Net. But personally I would go for Photoshop which costs a lot of money but then again it depends on your morals.

Thumbnails sizes should be 1280x720 in my opinion :)

StoeDan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you :)
I'll try gimp.
I had it once but i haven't figured out how it was working ^^

Reactions: MudPlayz