Does saying "I make youtube videos" "I am a youtuber" - sound silly?

I would say it sounds silly but I'd say I'm an entertainer and then if your asked, explain what you do. Most people nowadays find it cool!
 
It ever stopped sounding silly?
But really, i don't say it. If anyhting, i am a commentator.
I do have a friend that says it and the thing he gets in response is usually ''So you do what exactly?''
It is a still pretty new line of work, after all.
 
Yea I don't like to say "YouTuber" since it usually conjures some inaccurate images in the other persons mind. However, sometimes it really is the only description.
 
So I finally am making enough money to live off of youtube which is great but it is hard when I am looking for a place to live and they ask "where do you work?"

What would be the best thing to say or best way to describe my job title?

Aw s**t I've seen your signature video before a while back. It was damn good actually.
 
I say I make a living making YouTube videos. That usually fascinates people. The first thing they ask is, "really, so how does that work?". Like 90% of the time they respond with those words. It's unique and intriguing, I'd just go with that.
 
Back
Top