Does Hiding The Rating On Videos Affect The Ranking In Search?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
I hide the likes and dislikes on all my videos now, but someone said something about how likes and dislikes can help you rank higher in search

If I hide them does that mean that the amount of likes and dislikes i get won't affect it at all or will it still rank high if i had a really big like to dislike ratio anyway

Currently all my videos that are hidden only have about 10 likes at the most so it's not an issue I just wanted to ask

thanks! :)
 
I don't think it does, except from a human perspective. There's a few people who might not watch your whole video because they don't trust you for hiding it. Also, there's a snowball effect when it comes to liking. When someone sees a video that has a lot of likes, they may be influenced by that and be more likely to click like. So it can affect your ranking in the sense you might not be getting as much engagement. But overall, it shouldn't matter much.
 
I have a theory that people are influenced by the number of likes/dislikes they see.
I feel like if your video has say 20 likes, 300 dislikes...they go into the video with the mindset that it isn't good and are more likely to dislike. They may not even view it.
And the same with the other way around. With you hiding the ratings...though I don't believe it would affect your ranking, people may be weary about it.
If you intend to try to get as many likes as you can on your videos, I wouldn't hide it.
 
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

I doubt it has any effect at all on the search rankings.
 
I originally hid my ratings because I presumed I was being dislike attacked, and seeing all the dislikes would encourage more dislikes, and now it's kind of become a thing, and I have it set to automatically hidden now, I just don't want to encourage haters hahaha, but at the same time I can totally see your point of being suspicious of someone hiding it too, I will probably unhide them all eventually!
 
Back
Top