Does boosting work?

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see the "Boost your channel" ads a lot. Do these things actually work? Do they send them out to X amount of random people, or X amount of people who already are subscribed to channels similar to yours?

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
My $0.02
It's just a way of YT looking to extract money from you.
AFAIK it adds your videos to the recommendations people watching similar content see. (or at least does so occasionally)

I don't see the value in it. Focus on quality of content first (I've not looked at your channel yet so can't speak for that) because even if it's recommended and someone comes to look - if it's not at least as good as the videos they may have already been watching, they'll leave and those $ care wasted.

Reactions: BuildALot Acres

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should submit your question to a couple of YouTubers who specialize in channel growth, such as:

Annie Dube

Nick Nimmin

Think Media

Look for their email address in their video description, or post the question in the comments for their latest video. I bet one of them will do a video about this topic. They are always looking for new topics.

Good luck with your channel!

Stymie

Reactions: BuildALot Acres

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sounds like Landy is assuming it's from youtube. On the other hand, I'm assuming that it's 3rd parties.
with that said, it depends.
Are they a consultant or are they guaranteeing a certain subscriber increase.
if they are promising you 5k real subscribers for 20 bucks, it's fake. Consultants are more real but there's been stories of "fake" consultants / scammers buying fake subs for their clients to make it look like they know what they are doing. You pay them $2,000 to grow your channel. They spend $30 buying you a lot of fake subs so you keep spending money on them.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I keep it natural = slow steady growth,,,, btw can get others involved, like someone can learn how to design thumbnails, someone else might be good at editing etc...