Do you reply to the comments on their video's comment section?

Do you reply to the comments on their video's comment section?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

TimChan

I've Got It
So who here replies to their comments on their video's comment section?

I'm fairly new to Youtube (2 weeks in) and I recently just uploaded my first short film. Got a few comments, but not sure if I should reply to them or not. I'm very appreciative for the comments, but I see some of my favorite channels and I don't see any of the video creators responding to any of the comments so this is why I'm wondering if I should or should not.

I've been told I should not because it doesn't seem "professional"...not sure how it doesn't seem professional. But what are your takes on this subject?

You should always reply to every comment. Unless it is flat out spam of course. This creates interactivity with the audience and makes them feel special which makes them come back. 100% Recommended for smaller channels :)

I'm always replying, I like to keep contact to my viewers, and I think thats very important, for them to see that you're into that.

I reply to all my comments unless I can't think of something witty to say back besides "lol". I've had great conversations in the comments section :)

Thanks for all the quick responses! :)

How about if the majority of the comments is complimenting your video? All comments on my video has been positive statements and haven't got any "discussion" type of comments yet. Should I just reply expressing my gratitude for their compliments like "Thank you"?

Thanks for the replies.

Any of you attempt to create conversation on the comment section by asking other users questions after they posted a comment?

Back