Do you monetize your videos?

I monetize most of my videos, just because I don't see why not. I've seen some people get p****d about the ads, so that's a thing. I normally don't activate ads, or only allow the square ads, when I first upload. I allow the commercials a few days later. I don't make much, so there isn't much point, but hell, it's money! As for getting banned, you could always see about joining a network, so that you're protected from getting click-bombed etc.

Yep. I'd steer clear of Machinima, seeing how they're known for making shady contracts that f**k the content creators. Some others are TGN, Fullscreen, Yeosch and TheGameStation. They normally focus on gaming channels, but have also partner some vloggers, like HappyCabbie. You normally have to get at least 1,000 views a day to get considered though.

I no longer can be bothered. I have had an adsense account since like forever (a good 10 years) I never remembered to ever use them for my website. Its more trouble then its worth fighting with the big fish to let them monatize anyhow. Anything I do there is always an issue pretty much. If I do my own music sooner or later some 3rd party scam people come by to claim rights anyhow. If I use public domain I get claims from these conglemerates like ioda who are abusing the content id system. If i leave monitizing off I seem to get left alone 2 seconds after I turn it on 25 guys are claiming rights to stuff that is not theirs on my channel.. so really its not worth the trouble.
--- merged: Apr 4, 2012 1:04 AM ---
Yep. I'd steer clear of Machinima, seeing how they're known for making shady contracts that f**k the content creators. Some others are TGN, Fullscreen, Yeosch and TheGameStation. They normally focus on gaming channels, but have also partner some vloggers, like HappyCabbie. You normally have to get at least 1,000 views a day to get considered though.

I wont go near any of those guys . I am not really looking for income anyhow reality is the way youtube is going and the troubles partners are having it really isn't worth it lol. Youtube is now looking towards big budget studios the little guy is getting pushed farther and farther into the shadows so honestly if your trying to make a buck I would not use youtube at all .

My advice to whoever decides to monetize your videos be careful. I had my adsense account disabled. It could've been from me getting more traffic or me accidentally clicking one of my ads. Also if you become a partner you can still losing your adsense account if someone decides to bot your videos. Mainly what I seen across the web is to not rely strictly on adsense.

I only put pop up ads, and no commericals at all, on some of my videos, the ones, I know for sure, have no music once so ever or anything that might even be considered copyrighted. I would not put ads on any of my videos, except for the fact that adsense can ban you for life, for not having any ads at all, for two months or more. I read somewhere on the internet that most clickbombing attacks, happen within the first 48 hours, that a video is posted. So, I always until after 48 hours, sometimes, even longer, before I put any ads at all on my videos.

I monetize mine because I knowni probably won't make full partner unless I do something really extreme but it's nice to have a little extra income every few months or so.

Back