Do Not Make Anything That You Cannot Make!

Honestly, I don't think this is true. Everyone should experiment and see what they want to do. Not everyone has access to advanced software, and to deny someone of their dreams just because they aren't rich is silly (oh wait, 'MURICA, but that's a different thing). HD is not a criteria, I enjoy watching 640x480 films just as much as HD films if the quality is the same.

"you NEED to have a cast, costumes, possibly effects or animation, and probably an HD CAMERA!"

One should be striving for quality of content, not obtaining external factors such as high definition or amazing costumes. If you really wanted to make a Pokemon fan film, what I do think you really NEED is a good script and a bunch of people willing to give the time and effort to making it into a film (so not just a cast).

Yeah, good point! Especially like if you film something and aren't able to edit it the way you wanted it to turn out, then you have just wasted a day and the video makes no sense! Thanks for posting!

Honestly, I don't think this is true. Everyone should experiment and see what they want to do. Not everyone has access to advanced software, and to deny someone of their dreams just because they aren't rich is silly (oh wait, 'MURICA, but that's a different thing). HD is not a criteria, I enjoy watching 640x480 films just as much as HD films if the quality is the same.

"you NEED to have a cast, costumes, possibly effects or animation, and probably an HD CAMERA!"

One should be striving for quality of content, not obtaining external factors such as high definition or amazing costumes. If you really wanted to make a Pokemon fan film, what I do think you really NEED is a good script and a bunch of people willing to give the time and effort to making it into a film (so not just a cast).

You can do whatever you want, I'm just saying don't try to make a whole freaking movie until you get good production value. I don't make things I can't make. And don't you agree that a movie/short film looks better with high/good production value? And I do have respect for people that at least try but my advice is to just start out making little skits or parodies before you go into a big project like a short film. And I for one do NOT wanna get hated on for something that I didn't have the right equipment to make.[DOUBLEPOST=1371228025,1371227888][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I guess. Was it really that bad? And sometimes bad is a good thing kinda, Rebecca black lol?

Ok now, now she has a good singing voice that gives her a good advantage good production value or not, if you're funny or talented and have bad production value, it probably won't matter because you're just gonna improve in the future.

I guess I can make that Pokemon film since I have access to the costume (below), have met and shared drinks with the two guys behind MegaSteakMan (the channel that made Pokemon Apokelypse, they live in the same city as me). Off to make anything that I can make haha.

Ash.jpg

I guess I can make that Pokemon film since I have access to the costume (below), have met and shared drinks with the two guys behind MegaSteakMan (the channel that made Pokemon Apokelypse, they live in the same city as me). Off to make anything that I can make haha.

View attachment 8574

Well of course I know who Megasteakman is he subscribed to me and followed me on Twitter! XD
But I personally wanted to make my own Pokemon film a while ago but when I saw Pokemon Apokelypse, my dreams were crushed because deep down I knew I couldn't make a film better than Kial's.

Well of course I know who Megasteakman is he subscribed to me and followed me on Twitter! XD
But I personally wanted to make my own Pokemon film a while ago but when I saw Pokemon Apokelypse, my dreams were crushed because deep down I knew I couldn't make a film better than Kial's.

The stuff they put out is amazing and they are totally underrated. But if you are going to be stopped just because you can do a film as good as theirs, then it'll be hard to make anything haha.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, beyond "do your best."

Which is good advice, to be fair.

Great advice Ace! :) This is very important for people out there who are making films and making videos in general. I would not produce something that I would be embarrassed or not be capable of. For example, I only produce piano covers provided that I have a decent (not high end) camera with ok audio quality and a good piano (with good sound). Had I had less than that, I would never produce a piano cover because it would sound worse than crap..

Back