Do networks really have "sales teams" for advertisements?

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
I know RPM has a dedicated ad sales team, but they only re-display normal google adsense ads.

Is there a feature within the full CMS/ContentID that allows you to run your own trueview advertisements on channels/videos you own?

I'm in desperate need of an answer, i'm starting to believe all networks just simply re-display adsense ads and then take their cut.

BentPixels defiantly does , 2 guys ,they sell enough ads daily to cover all the networks of BentPixels which is ~1.5M ad spots daily most are from premium ad partners such as Seaworld , UFC or NBA.

BentPixels defiantly does , 2 guys ,they sell enough ads daily to cover all the networks of BentPixels which is ~1.5M ad spots daily most are from premium ad partners such as Seaworld , UFC or NBA.

Shane I appreciate your reply!
It's just that i've looked through a contentID/cms account (reviewed screen captured video) and I can't see anywhere where you have the ability to place your own trueview ads!

EDIT: I've also asked someone who claims to have access to a large cms/cID account and he claims it's not possible.. :S

Hi! I've actually talked to a few people who work in the advertising part of internet content streaming. I can tell you that if you have a high traffic channel, your network will give you the big bucks ads. You could advertise someone else's stuff in your ad-stream and get the clicks off of that. But getting the ID of that video requires actually getting into contact with the people who makes these ads? Do you know anyone who works in advertising at say... THQ or EA?

Shane I appreciate your reply!
It's just that i've looked through a contentID/cms account (reviewed screen captured video) and I can't see anywhere where you have the ability to place your own trueview ads!

EDIT: I've also asked someone who claims to have access to a large cms/cID account and he claims it's not possible.. :S
These are the ads sold by networks http://gyazo.com/206f6d1d616534ee111f37440cf3a450

Yes. They actually sell their own ads. That is one reason why CPMs are so much higher with Maker, Bentpixels, Fullscreen, etc than say TGN who don't sell ads.

Basically It is Adwords that is used not the CMS. Ads are sold onto all our partners videos which are connected to the same Adwords account.

not too sure, but apparently people say bent pixels do, but i'm not with them so I can't be sure :D

There is no "feature" in Content Manager. Partners directly with YouTube must contact their partner manager if they want to do this so I am only guessing it may be the same.

Back