DO I REALLY NEED A BANNER?!?

Would it look more professional?

• Total voters
Jeydon Wale has like 450,000 subs or maybe more, and he doesn't have a banner last time i checked. Don't pressure yourself. Don't do a banner if you don't really want to.

Yes! A banner is so important, it makes your channel look so much better compared to ones without!

I wouldn't say it's a need, but I do think personally that if I see a banner (a well made banner) on someones channel that they've actually gone to the effort to actually make their channel that little bit more personalised.

I feel like banners show me that the person spends longer to increase their image on youtube as they've either spent time or money (or both) to create or buy a banner which suits their channel. It's also a nice way of putting a little bit of text on your channel in as easy to see place :) Banners just make you stand out from the crowd :)

Your channel banner is basically someone's first glance on your channel. For me it is a must imo. It gives some personalization to the channel.

its not hard to make a banner so just try and make one, even if its super simple as long as its nice!

Content is more important. But nethertheless it will boost your channel look.
Especially people like me need to like your overall design: banner, custom thumbs, etc. before I watch any of your videos.
Your content might be as genius as it is, but if your channel looks like it isnt treasured, I wont stay (except I came to watch a certain video, but thats another story).

So why not? Make your banner. But please dont mess it up.
A really "bad" banner isnt worth anything and could damage your audience.

You don't need a banner, but it will make your channel look better and encourage people to subscribe since a plain banner gives the appearance of a random user.

Back