Do i need to cancel adsense account in order to join a network?

Enki

I have a youtube channel that is successfully passed the review process and monetized but the problem now is my Adsense account says that I have a deplicate account So if I want to join a network 'SocialBlade' do I need to cancel this Adsense account or they just need to be accepted on youtube?

Last edited:
No. The network will disconnect you from your own AdSense and connect you to theirs. Are you currently directly monetized through YouTube? And what is a "delicate account"?

Last edited:
sorry I mean duplicate account, so the monetization is disabled because of Adsense is in a review of another website, but I am accepted in the program by youtube so the problem I have is with Adsense!

Last edited:
You need to close the duplicate account, but right now people who do that still can't connect the remaining account to their YouTube. You are not accepted into the programme, as you say, if your monetization tab is disabled, and you have no AdSense account connected. Monetization can't be activated without an approved and connected AdSense account.

YouTube is aware of the monetization tab problem and is working on it. SocialBlade isn't a network in and of itself; it has a network associated with it.

Why in the world do you want to join a network in the first place? All they do is take even more money from you once YouTube has taken its own cut, and the perks they give can be easily had outside of one.

The problem is I don't have a duplicate Adsense! So, yes I will join a network If Adsense keeps telling me that I have two Adsense account, because I only have one Adsense account I don't know what they are talking about, they send me email saying that this address is a duplicate account but it's the same address I use to sign in to my only one original Adsense account, and I was using it for two years now so, maybe their system is going crazy!
So if that problem won't solve then I will have to join a network, I don't have a choice.
About youtube monetization What I mean is that if youtube reviewed your application before Adsense was disabled and let's say that youtube accepted you in the program 'monetization enabled' and after that your Adsense go in a review state and got disabled so the monetization will indeed be disabled on youtube but, if your Adsense get activated then youtube monetization will automatically be enabled again because its already in the YPP, youtube is already accepted you in the program and the issue is with AdSense now,
So, What do you think Mr, green eyes!

Last edited:
If YT is telling you you have a duplicate Adsense is for a reason. I'd recommend you find it, cancel it and leave the Adsense account to your main channel which is already monetised. Adsense account is not an email, is a name... if YT finds your same name anywhere else it will consider your account duplicate. I'd recommend you use your full name or try to contact YouTube support from Studio if you are 100% certain there's no other account with your name. It doesn't matter if it's an old account you used years ago, if it has your name you need to cancel it and when everything is set up you can link that account to your main channel.

For the second part, what you describe happened to me a couple of days ago. If your AdSense account is disabled then YES your channel will be demonetised, mine was demonetised for like 24 hours because I needed to make some changes in AdSense. Once your new Adsense account is linked correctly your monetisation should come automatically... but watch out, you will need to manually enable monetisation for every video. But yeah, once my Adsense account got set up correctly, the monetisation was automatically and even thou it says your channel is under review... that review in my case took less than 48h, even YouTube support told me that the review waiting time is way less than the review to enable monetisation for the first time.

I don't see how a network can help you there, unless they have the power to cancel every Adsense account and set up your account. If not, they would probably ask for your AdSense ID and they would prefer your channel is already monetised and working properly before joining the network since they can no longer take channels that aren't in the YPP.

Hope it helps and good luck!

Thanks for taking your time to reply really appreciate, yes this is very helpful especially the seconde part monetization should come automatically if Adsense account is linked correctly, that's a relief.

My problem right now is with Adsense not youtube, Adsense say that I have two accounts which I don't. I believe there is a mistake because I was running Adsense for 2 years without any problem until I associated my third Gmail account and I linked another channel then this duplicate problem arises. I think somehow they are mistaken duplicate account with the associated account! I did post this on the Adsense help forum and an expert is trying to figure this out and I did send a form to Adsense and the reply still the same!

I don't know what is this but, I'm sure I only have one Adsense account because as I say I'm running Adsense for two years until this week exactly when I associated another Gmail, then this duplicate problem started. So, I'm sure I didn't apply for another Adsense this week! lol

Thank you!

I invited another google account to the original Adsense, now I have 3 emails for one Adsense account, I can sign in to the same Adsense with 3 emails accounts but it's the same Adsense, I think that is allowed right? you can invite multiple Gmail accounts to one Adsense! or could this be the problem?

Yes, that is allowed. I don't think that's the problem at all; I think you are caught up in the glitch I mentioned.

Back