Difference between Content. ID and Copyright Strikes?

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
I want to upload MK8 footage (Mario Kart 8) from the game (which is an option) but I've heard if you do it, you get a content id match, which I think means you can't make money of it, which isn't a problem.

Say if I got a match, what would it actually do?

And what is the difference between Content. ID and Copyright Strikes?

Yes, a content match basically means that someone else owns part of all of your video content, are let you keep it uploaded in return of having the ad income from the video.

A copyright strike is more serious, and means that whoever owns the content wants you to permanently delete it.

Thanks, if I got a content ID match, would it affect me?

As in, would my ability to upload videos longer than 15 mins or is it STRICTLY on the money?

Last edited:
I got a content id claim today for one of my fifa world cup videos. Really ******* me off because its from some indian company so its not related at all. Ive disputed it under fair use as i always provide commentary but its annoying that i cant earn revenue now until it gets taken away. Sometimes their ID system is useless

I got a content id claim today for one of my fifa world cup videos. Really ******* me off because its from some indian company so its not related at all. Ive disputed it under fair use as i always provide commentary but its annoying that i cant earn revenue now until it gets taken away. Sometimes their ID system is useless

Does it just mean you can't make money off it or now can you not upload 15 minute videos, or..

Sorry to hear btw

Does it just mean you can't make money off it or now can you not upload 15 minute videos, or..

Sorry to hear btw

Just cant earn revenue. Still upload any time length. Like i said, half the time content ids are false and misleading. I had another before and after 30 days it was released

Back