Creative Commones Name Attribution - does no one do it?

Ein Buch in 7 Minuten

Reaction score
Hey, since i started making videos i looked alot into copyright and stuff and i realized that basically no one of the videos i watch ever mention the source of a creative commons picture they use in their videos.

Why? Is it not necessary or is it because its unlikely that the creator of the image will notice?

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you're meant to attribute it, giving the title of the image, the author, the source and the type of attribution it is licensed through, but no one seems to. the sheer chance of someone bothering to take 4 cents earned from a youtube video to court is so low that it wouldn't be profitable or purposeful to do so, unless they really wanted to. it's extremely unlikely.

legally, not attributing puts you in the wrong, though.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Many times authors of pictures really wont come forwards as YouTube video don't really make much money on average, so they wont really be getting a "large peice of the pie" since their image was only one aspect of the whole video, and that video wasn't a lot of money in the first place. So taking into account court fee's its not really worth. HOWEVER, legally YES you are supposed to include the kind of requested attribution the author requested IF they allowed it for re-use.