Creating your own Sound Effects

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hello everyone

I was just responding to a thread about this topic and i thought why not add it here for everyone to see and maybe it may help someone.

Ok so if you planning on making a channel that may use videos that need lots of sound effects why not make them your self instead of worrying about copyright or finding it hard to get that right sound for that important moment in your video.

there are many ways you can make sound effects with the mic you use in your videos. You can either make the sounds with items for example bottles, scraping wood and so on but this doesn't always create the best sound. The trick is then to add these to a sound program and tweak the pitch or tone , squeeze certain parts of it by using the programs effects panel. Most programs of this kind have them but if it doesn't even the normal equalizer will give a high bass pass or a low pitch pass.

You can also download sound effect from a video if your allowed to download that video that is. Simply download the video and run it through a file converter program which will change it to mp3 or other sound files to suit. This way you will have the raw sound file of the effect and then be able to pop it in the sound program to change its pitch or tone and so on. Below are a couple of programs i use and are free on the internet. I wont add the links because im not too sure about adding links and if its allowed but if you put the name like below in you will find them simple enough.

Hitfilms express 4 - free base pack is a video editing software package that as a little sound panel that does a little bit to change but also has much more to help in editing.

VLC this is a video player that enables you to convert the video files into sound files and a variety of different ones too.

Audacity - is a pure sound program and allows you to play around with your sound files, i sued this once to make my voice into a robotic android and it was great. Its been around along while so i imagine many have used and heard of it.

Anyway guys i hope this helps some people, i don't reply too much on sound effects but if i was planning to open a channel that did and my videos were going to have lots in then i would try to learn this part as it will save time and you can get the sound to be exactly to your taste instead of search the internet for hours.

Hope i have put this in the correct thread

Kind regards
Dadrules

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually make my own sound effects and I use a few of them in my videos. The nice thing about making sound effects yourself is that if you get good at it, you can make money from licensing those sound effects. There are sites like Audiojungle, Pond5, Unity Asset Store, GamedevMarket, Clickteam, and so many others that allow people to set up their own shops.

Reactions: Dadrules

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm lazy as hell and studied media and copyright laws in college so I'll just stick to downloading... ;)

Reactions: Dadrules

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I actually make my own sound effects and I use a few of them in my videos. The nice thing about making sound effects yourself is that if you get good at it, you can make money from licensing those sound effects. There are sites like Audiojungle, Pond5, Unity Asset Store, GamedevMarket, Clickteam, and so many others that allow people to set up their own shops.
Great stuff bud, i have done the odd one but then i don't use lots and lots and i get a few in a program i use anyway which serve me. Cool that you get some cash back as well, credit to you bud :)[DOUBLEPOST=1483917851,1483917784][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm lazy as hell and studied media and copyright laws in college so I'll just stick to downloading... ;)
haha i hear you , man i get totally confused sometimes with the copyright , theres so many different ones and laws. :)

Reactions: Sibernethy

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly I use audacity and record different sounds that I can make with objects that I pick up from around my room. This way I don't worry about any copyright. It took me a couple minutes to make a few different sounds that I use in my videos.