CPM Drop

Most advertisers spend most of the advertising budget in the last quarter. January has always been a low-earnings month.

_THno.jpg

Hey guys, I monetized my YT account back in July of 2015. I am still trying to understand how this whole overly complex system works. I understand that there are not certain answers about this because there are just too many variables, but I would appreciate a few good guess as to is causing my earning to drop 25% in the last two weeks.

Since July when I monetized my account I have seen a steady increase in earnings up until. This rise continued pretty steady until Christmas. But after Christmas, it turned around sharply. From Christmas to New Years it went down 10% and another 15% since then. Of course, when I started going down, I just assumed that my views were going down, but that is not the case. All my other stats are still on the rise. My Views are up, View Minutes are up, Likes, Shares, etc, etc are all up. It does not make sense.

Maybe some here has some guesses as to what is the cause. I am just trying to learn here.

My guess is that because it's January there are fewer advertisers bidding since Christmas is done and there is less to sell, so, therefore, the money goes down.

Hey guys, I monetized my YT account back in July of 2015. I am still trying to understand how this whole overly complex system works. I understand that there are not certain answers about this because there are just too many variables, but I would appreciate a few good guess as to is causing my earning to drop 25% in the last two weeks.

Since July when I monetized my account I have seen a steady increase in earnings up until. This rise continued pretty steady until Christmas. But after Christmas, it turned around sharply. From Christmas to New Years it went down 10% and another 15% since then. Of course, when I started going down, I just assumed that my views were going down, but that is not the case. All my other stats are still on the rise. My Views are up, View Minutes are up, Likes, Shares, etc, etc are all up. It does not make sense.

Maybe some here has some guesses as to what is the cause. I am just trying to learn here.
I would agree with mattygreen it probably has nothing to do with you just the market with youtube that would be my guess

Thanks. I was thinking that it might be something like that. I guess companies pay more for ads during the holidays kind of like how the cost of commercial time is high during the super bowl.

My question for those that have been doing this for while is, is there some kind of expected seasonal High and Low guide that would give me an idea of to expect. It's just that I was pretty happy with the progress I thought I was making and now I am not sure if was making any progress at all. Thanks again.

Thanks. I was thinking that it might be something like that. I guess companies pay more for ads during the holidays kind of like how the cost of commercial time is high during the super bowl.

My question for those that have been doing this for while is, is there some kind of expected seasonal High and Low guide that would give me an idea of to expect. It's just that I was pretty happy with the progress I thought I was making and now I am not sure if was making any progress at all. Thanks again.
maybe there is but idk so i would tell you to research it if you cant find anything maybe youtube has a number and call them about it.

Back