Copyright Strikes on YouTube channel with 40,000 subscribers!

SaucySaturday

I have received 2 copyright strikes for uploading 21 Pilot's new album Blurryface to YouTube which each video got 20,000 views in a day (it's the number 1 album on itunes)- I'm an SEO junkie- and I was wondering how to get rid of them. I have to wait a full year and have a bad feeling a third strike is coming since not all the songs I uploaded have been claimed yet. I emailed WMG a couple days ago and YouTube's copyright email and still nothing. I deleted the videos and don't know how to get rid of the claims. I want to upload a vacation video of me in California because I'm coming home Saturday, but have an upload limit of 15 minutes. Should I make a new channel?... but I've been on YouTube 6 YEARS and have 40,000 subscribers and millions of views. I understand what I did was wrong but 21 Pilots got a TON of free promotion from me, and I did NOT mean it in a way to steal their content or promote my channel.

If you are with a network contact their support team and have them assist you with the copyright claims, just be patient they can take time to respond back

You won't find a lot of sympathy here. The argument of "I gave it free promotion" doesn't wash in a court room, nor is it considered in copyright law and it's not even true, because promotion is the exposure of material to people who weren't searching for that exact material. What you did rather, was enable those viewers to listen to the music without paying for it.

If I was in your shoes, I would be extremely careful. Go back through your content and take down ANYTHING that has a ContentID match. Then Private any video that contains copyrighted material. If you get a third strike, YouTube will decide for you whether it's time to create a new channel or not. You cannot receive a strike on a video that isn't matched and they can't see, as copyright strikes are a manual form driven process.

WMG isn't going to take the strikes down. You infringed their copyright, and they punished you for it.

If you want to keep that channel, definitely take down ALL of the videos with songs and copyrighted content in them. Once your channel is shut down by a third strike, I think there is no way of getting it back.

you can post your holiday video in parts too :)

What the hell are you thinking? Why on earth would you upload music from an album to youtube? Delete them all while you can, you're just lucky your entire channel isn't gone yet. Also read up the damn copyright laws. 40k subs is absolutely nothing, it's a drop in a bucket and your promotion is horse s**t since you did not seek permission nor did they come to you and ask for "promotion".

I agree with my previous posters, you're living on the edge right now... Upload copyrighted music is fatal nowadays. You are not allowed to use someone elses music. You are not allowed to remix someone elses music and upload it on YouTube. You are not allowed to use even only 5 seconds of copyrighted music. Just don't..

These huge music labels are getting extremely annoying and I wouldn't risk anything. I agree with clerick, 40k subs is awesome a great achievement but nothing the lawyers would ever care about.

Long story short, just use royalty free music...

and I was wondering how to get rid of them. I have to wait a full year and have a bad feeling a third strike is coming since not all the songs I uploaded have been claimed yet.

As you stated you'll have to wait until the copyright strike expires. You'll be better off removing the remaining videos or risk your channel getting shut down completely when the 3rd strike hits. Then you'd have to start over anyway.

As you stated you'll have to wait until the copyright strike expires. You'll be better off removing the remaining videos or risk your channel getting shut down completely when the 3rd strike hits. Then you'd have to start over anyway.
Yeah I got rid of them and no strike for a few days.

Back