Copyright Strike Questions

Gunnishone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello Guys,

So I got a copyright strike on October 1st, 2012. It was stupid, I uploaded a scene from a movie then after I received the strike I delete the video from my Copyright Notices.

So YouTube states that they may remove your strike after 6 months if you don't get anymore strikes and you complete copyright school. Now I completed copyright school about 2 months after the actual strike. If YouTube were to remove the strike 6 months after I got it then they would already be late as they should have removed it on the 1st of April, 2013. Do you guys think it's possible that because I didn't complete copyright school when I got the strike then they are taking the 6 months from the day I completed copyright school? or do you think my strike is just not getting removed at all and therefor I'm going to have to make a new channel?

I'd also like to know if you guys have had any experiences with copyright strikes.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you sure you didn't complete Copyright School? They force you to complete it after you knowledge the notice

Gunnishone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you sure you didn't complete Copyright School? They force you to complete it after you knowledge the notice
I may have forgot actually, if you're sure they force you :p. But even if that is the case, that means it's been 6 months and 4 days and my strike hasn't been removed :(

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I may have forgot actually, if you're sure they force you :p. But even if that is the case, that means it's been 6 months and 4 days and my strike hasn't been removed :(
May be longer. They only introduced the word "will" expire after 6 months back in January I believe and you got your strike in October so it could last who knows how long. Best of luck though and fingers crossed it expires 6 months from the knowledge date :)

Gunnishone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
May be longer. They only introduced the word "will" expire after 6 months back in January I believe and you got your strike in October so it could last who knows how long. Best of luck though and fingers crossed it expires 6 months from the knowledge date :)
That very well may be the case, have you seen it happen to anyone else? I'm still un-decided about what to do as I'd rather make a new channel sooner than later if you know what I mean. Thanks for the help :)

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That very well may be the case, have you seen it happen to anyone else? I'm still un-decided about what to do as I'd rather make a new channel sooner than later if you know what I mean. Thanks for the help :)
Have I seen strikes last longer than 6 months you mean? Yes I have.

I wouldn't start a new channel just because of a strike, it's a little silly to start over because of one obstacle. Wait it out :)

Gunnishone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have I seen strikes last longer than 6 months you mean? Yes I have.

I wouldn't start a new channel just because of a strike, it's a little silly to start over because of one obstacle. Wait it out :)
and those strikes that lasted longer than 6 months were removed? Yeah I guess I'll wait it out (although uploading under 15 minutes is annoying). When do you think is too long to wait and the strike isn't coming off?

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
and those strikes that lasted longer than 6 months were removed? Yeah I guess I'll wait it out (although uploading under 15 minutes is annoying). When do you think is too long to wait and the strike isn't coming off?
Eventually yes. I believe they expire after 6 months but there is no guarantee so just aim for 6 :p

Gunnishone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Eventually yes. I believe they expire after 6 months but there is no guarantee so just aim for 6 :p
Okay. Thanks for the help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1365167987,1365118290][/DOUBLEPOST]Ogmgmgmgmgmg. My strike got removed as of today! Thanks for the good luck ;). Partnership here we come!

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay. Thanks for the help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1365167987,1365118290][/DOUBLEPOST]Ogmgmgmgmgmg. My strike got removed as of today! Thanks for the good luck ;). Partnership here we come!
Fantastic! :)