Copyright sanctions??

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
be warned they don't always clear in 6 months time. But if they are to clear they will in at least 6 month... It could take longer and I've heard case of it never clearing. I too have a strike on my account. I should clear by the northern hemisphere's fall. I think October 10th but if it doesn't I will just make new account or just not care about posting longer than 15min.

WickedSightArtist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I had a problem with copyright and I just removed the video to make sure I didn't get a strike, now I make sure all the people I film for use Original beats!!

Rabbyp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So having a strike on my account limits the duration of the videos I can upload to 15 minutes? That shouldn't be a problem for me. I think my longest video is probably 4-5 minutes

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nicekid76/Rabbyp:

As already Nicekid76 has mentioned those Strikes sometimes doesn`t get removed on their own after six Months and to avoid something like that I strongly would suggest you both to reach out right now to whomever had filled in those claims you both have on your current Account to of course first apologize and then to try to work something out on how they remove the Strike.

In the past we had dozens of cases here on the Forum where an simple "sorry and how can we work it out" mail did end in an remove of an strike if you don`t really screwed up badly and made clear that you understand what went wrong and that you won`t do it again.

It`s hard to predict how it till go in your both cases but the last months here on the Forum has teached me one thing for sure:

It`s always wrong to only just sit and do nothing and instead trying to change something to the better, even if that means that you have to accept that you have screwed up something and first need to apologize.

Rabbyp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My copyright issue was with UMG (Universal Music Group). I don't suppose you would have any experience of how to contact a company like this?

Thanks