Copyright sanctions??

Rabbyp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
HI,

Currently my copyright sanctions is 'Not in a good standing'

Basically what happened was I uploaded a video of a guitar cover of a song and it was removed from mobile viewing. I appealed it and my video was removed and now I have this message on my account.

Does this ever go away and does it have any effect on my channel?

Thanks
Rab

Rabbyp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ok thanks.

I take it doesn't have any effect on my channel unless I was to get another copyright sanction?

Thanks
Rab

iFordGaming

ℓє ιηтєяηєт α∂∂ι¢т
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
You've to wait 6 months before it disappears.
This ^^
Also, if you are a partner it can really badly effect it (You can even lose it)
You are also not eligible to apply for partnership until 6 months is over. (Unless the appeal is successful) <- Kinda rare
If you are a partner you are not Able to Livestream or create a Show until 6 months has passed

You got to know yo're copyright bro.[DOUBLEPOST=1369212361,1369212258][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok thanks.

I take it doesn't have any effect on my channel unless I was to get another copyright sanction?

Thanks
Rab
If it is a Copyright Strike/Sanction refer to what I said :)

Rabbyp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I am not a partner, just a casual user.

I'll admit it was an error on my part. I have other videos that I have acknowledged the copyright and I have had no problems. The only reason I appealed that particular one was because they removed it from mobile viewing. I'll know better next time

Thanks

iFordGaming

ℓє ιηтєяηєт α∂∂ι¢т
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I am not a partner, just a casual user.

I'll admit it was an error on my part. I have other videos that I have acknowledged the copyright and I have had no problems. The only reason I appealed that particular one was because they removed it from mobile viewing. I'll know better next time

Thanks
No problem, I am here to help :)
Just wait it out 6 months and it shall be as if nothing happened.

Reactions: Rabbyp

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
HI,

Currently my copyright sanctions is 'Not in a good standing'

Basically what happened was I uploaded a video of a guitar cover of a song and it was removed from mobile viewing. I appealed it and my video was removed and now I have this message on my account.

Does this ever go away and does it have any effect on my channel?

Thanks
Rab
You should never ever appeal for something you don't own. You can get strikes for that and if you haven't partnered yet, it'll make it much harder for you to partner with a network. On my old channel, I had 1 or 2 strikes. They go away eventually as I did my best to stay on the "nice list", but it took many months or even years. Things may go differently for you though.