Copyright Question *Music

Spoody

I was looking for music to use in my video, i know i cant use copytighted music, but can i use.....

*Mixtapes
*instrumentals

Someone get back to me on this.

You can look up free to use music and there are plenty of websites, just keep the link to the site somewhere with maybe a screenshot as proof incase youtube decide to block monetization and need proof you can use it, then you can just send them the screenshot and link and they should review and unblock it a little while after that, goodluck :)

You can look up free to use music and there are plenty of websites, just keep the link to the site somewhere with maybe a screenshot as proof incase youtube decide to block monetization and need proof you can use it, then you can just send them the screenshot and link and they should review and unblock it a little while after that, goodluck :)
I dont monetize my videos,

You need permission from the artist to use the music. If you do not have the rights, you cannot use the music.

I dont monetize my videos,
Well, if you're not claiming any profit form the content you're able to use the music on a youtube video, just acknowledge the copyright claim and your video will stay up but in some cases be blocked from certain countries, but that doesn't happen very much :)

No sadly Im am not, its that a problem? though
the member ego is right look at his post also but we want to avoid copyright in the long run.. the reason i asked where you partnered with a network is because they usually give you a library of free music in which you can use without any issues:)

Well, if you're not claiming any profit form the content you're able to use the music on a youtube video, just acknowledge the copyright claim and your video will stay up but in some cases be blocked from certain countries, but that doesn't happen very much :)
^ This is not true. If you do not have the rights to the audio, you cannot use it in your video no matter if monetization is enabled or not. Using copyrighted music can lead to getting a copyright strike. Get to many copyright strikes and your channel will be taken down.

^ This is not true. If you do not have the rights to the audio, you cannot use it in your video no matter if monetization is enabled or not. Using copyrighted music can lead to getting a copyright strike. Get to many copyright strikes and your channel will be taken down.
Alrighty then, I've been misinformed. I shall just contact my network ceo and get my knowledge re-confirmed, thanks for explaining that :p

Back