Copyright Music

I say try contacting them first. The odds are that if you request permission, they will be more open to discussing terms or trying to work something out. It is very likely that they will want to host ads of their own on your video instead of yours. If that's the case, and it means that much to you, go for it! They might also request a royalty if they let you host your own ads or a cut of the profit. It all depends though. Every group is different. Good luck!!! :D
 
It is better not to use copyrighted music without owning redistribution rights. There are plenty of royalty/copyright free music files available at incompetech (dot) com and joshwoodward (dot) com. All you have to do is make sure to give proper credit. Then you will have no copyright issues.
 
You can "disguise" the music if your good at it. As in music volume low, alter it a bit in editing, things above that nature.
 
Stay away from copyrighted material as much as possible. I'd recommend you look up royalty free music and use that.
 
Didn't you have parents to raise you right? If it isn't yours and you don't have permission, then do not touch it.
 
I am glad that they aren't pulling the Harlem Shake videos and are monetizing them. I feel it stirred viewers to be creative and draw people to YouTube.
 
Back
Top