ContentID and Strikes

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's not a copyright strike. That's a community guidelines strike. It's only against YouTube rules, not the law. And yes, you can re-upload the video, because it was a problem with the description, not the video itself. Just don't do the same thing with the description again.
Thanks, I didn't see this when you first posted it...I was adding tags in my descriptions solely on the fact that I saw other people doing it so it's good that I didn't get too carried away with it, I removed them on each of my videos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This was great information!

However, I'm in a weird situation. I got a copyright match on a few of my videos and immediately deleted them. (that was about 5 months ago)
today I went to my Copyrighted Videos list and 2 of my deleted videos were there, and they were listed under Copyright Taken Down.

but I deleted them already? I clicked on them and they said I was given a copyright strike for each (2).
however when I go to my channel features it says my account is in good standing.

I don't even know if I do have a copyright strike or not.
super confused, and a little freaked out XD

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really didn't understand the differences when it first hit me. I was a little worried but after reading this I am now not worried. Thanks for the great piece of information :)

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi, guys. Yesterday for the first time I received Community Guidelines Strike. Now, as I looked over their community guidelines I don`t seem to break any of these rules so I appealed. Waiting for their response. What is strange is that video was posted and after maybe one month or so, it got over 500 views (which I set up as limit after I will allow ads appearing on video that goes over 500 views). And when I turn on monetization for that video it took them like one more month until they allowed it, because it was under some review for monetization. But eventually, they allowed it. The video was there for more than half year, but yesterday I was changing categories of my videos from people and blogs to science and tech and added few tags more (but not unrelated ones). And since I made that change after maybe one hour they gave me a strike on that video and deleted it. The video was nothing special - some nillkin case for xiaomi redmi 3s phone but it was having more than 4k views so that is why I am sorry they deleted it, and for giving me strike so now I cannot go live video. I changed yesterday all my videos like that giving them a better category and adding some more tags, and only that one was problematic but I really don`t know why. Had anyone experienced a similar situation?

UPDATE: They didn`t reply anything to my email. But I see now that they returned my video on the channel.

Last edited:

ChiCha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A while ago everything was confusing.,.

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very helpful, I was a bit nervous when I did my first reaction video to a song. Of course I did not know about copy rights until I finally had uploaded the video and it was blocked worldwide, since I didn’t understand why it was blocked at the time I continued to uploaded the video editing the video in different ways to only get hit with the “block, copy right was found” yet again. I figured it out now but hopefully those strikes won’t impact my channel in a bad way :/

LvngLgeacy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for posting this. I will be sure to keep this in mind as I continue to grow and having this knowledge in my head will help me know somethings in advance.

Edit: One of the main questions I have however, is what about videos which are deemed to be good vids one day then copyright claims are ammended and your video is hit in the process.

For example I had a comicon vid up on my channel which was good for 4 months but was deemed unviewable this month because they found some content to be copyrighted which was some batman remastered footage I got from the event which I recorded in pieces using my camera.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for posting this. I will be sure to keep this in mind as I continue to grow and having this knowledge in my head will help me know somethings in advance.

Edit: One of the main questions I have however, is what about videos which are deemed to be good vids one day then copyright claims are ammended and your video is hit in the process.

For example I had a comicon vid up on my channel which was good for 4 months but was deemed unviewable this month because they found some content to be copyrighted which was some batman remastered footage I got from the event which I recorded in pieces using my camera.
Content recorded at events without all of the following rights being cleared is illegal.

1. Rights to trademarked/copyrighted content which might appear on camera

2. Publicity rights for all recognizable people appearing on camera; even if they only walk through the frame

3. If you intend to make money from the content, commercial use rights.

Hope this addendum is useful.

LvngLgeacy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you that makes sense. Thats why you use uncopyrighted songs or whatever. Noted.