Companies & Brands that Copy-write claim

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Hey guys,
I haven't seen this topic posted but what do you all think if we had this thread right here as a place where we post the names of companies/brands that are known for Claiming videos. I think it's a good idea. I will try to include the video they claimed, for what they claimed & if I was ever successful in disputing the claim. Feel free to add your own.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinsney (I have successfully disputed copy-write claim)
Warner Bros Film (Claimed every trailer reaction or movie review I ever did)
Square Enix (Blocked all My Kindom Hearts 3 live streams in Japan)
2K Games ( claimed a in game song with vocals during live stream of BorderLands 2 )
AMC
Shop AMC (Claimed my Negan Videos)
LDS (Church of Later Day Saints, they claimed & blocked most of my Negan videos, I did successfully dispute the block)
MSNBC (Claimed & blocked my Parks & Recreations: Best of Ron Swanson video across North America)
(Merlin) Ninja Tune LTD
Studio Canal
Paramount Pictures (Claimed all my movie & trailer reaction/reviews)
National Geographic (Claimed a vdeo for a background of their I used for a reaction video for a game called Scorn)
UMG (no idea who they are)
PositionMusic
BBC Studios
Universal Pictures
NBCUniversal_International
NBC Universal
Sony Pictures (I have successfully disputed copy-write claim)
Aviator Management GmbH
AdRev Masters Admin (from a Saints Row Re-elected live stream)
Jukin Media (claimed a meme I used in my EndGame review)
(Merlin)Cloud 9 Music BV (Claimed music playing in game of Just Cause 3 live stream)

Moved to the copyright forum.

I'm not sure of the point of this thread though. - You do realise that companies are well within their rights to claim copyright on their own work?

The point of this was so we can document companies that claim content so that we, the content creators won't be caught off guard when we get a claim or a strike for using their content.
Yes, of course companies are within their right to claim and strike. I just want us all to be aware of who does, the reason they did and if we were able to dispute the claim/strike.

Last edited:
So, the point of this thread would be to report on which companies claim their IP and which ones you could steal from?

So, the point of this thread would be to report on which companies claim their IP and which ones you could steal from?
Are you serious? Is this the understanding you want to go with? Where did I imply using this thread for "stealing"?
So let me make it as clear as I can.
We make videos, we sometimes get a claim and we don't understand why. If we have a list of companies and brands that are known to claim or strike we won't be caught off guard. We will be aware of which ones claim thanks to this list and we can choose if we will make a video using a trailer from Disney or not.
Some companies are lenient on their claims and will reconsider if you dispute the claim and that is your right as a YouTuber as well.
This is a knowledge base not how and whoto steal from.
I don't know why you tried to vilify my helpful thread.

This is a knowledge base not how and whoto steal from.
I don't know why you tried to vilify my helpful thread.

You already admitted the companies had a right to claim the videos.
Simply put, using footage which you don’t have all of the proper rights to use is stealing.
You want to make a list of companies who are either lenient or delayed on claiming.
It seems fairly basic to me.

LDS (Church of Later Day Saints, they claimed & blocked most of my Negan videos, I did successfully dispute the block)
That is interesting. I have no idea who/what a Negan is... but why would the mormons claim copyright? You also said Shop AMC claimed Negan, so I guess it is TV/movie related. Again, why the mormons ha ha

UMG (no idea who they are)
Universal music group. UMG & BMG will claim almost any music. I live in the Philippines and karaoke is everywhere, all the time. I can do a 30 minute walk around vlog and the get all monetization because of a 30 second song in the background noise. I finally gave up and turn all background sound way down and do voice over in post. It is the only way to avoid BMG. Personally I wish the crappy karaoke would go away, I am certainly not trying to record it ha ha

YT needs to work on their claims. If there is a 1 minute claim on a 10 minute vid - the claimant should get 1/10th of the revenue... yeah... good luck ha ha

@Tito Tims Videos
Negan is from a TV show on AMC that is called 'The Walking Dead' . It is a post apocalyptic show about zombies. The video I did had nothing to do with religion or the use of the word 'The Saviors' (that's what he called his group.
Apparently The Church of Later Day Saints does not like Negan because of the use of the word 'Saviors' since they were technically villains. I had no idea that they could claim & block content that is not their own.
I guess since they are an Organization, they have some pull with Youtube.

Here is the thread I created about the situation:

@Tito Tims Videos
Negan is from a TV show on AMC that is called 'The Walking Dead' . It is a post apocalyptic show about zombies. The video I did had nothing to do with religion or the use of the word 'The Saviors' (that's what he called his group.
Apparently The Church of Later Day Saints does not like Negan because of the use of the word 'Saviors' since they were technically villains. I had no idea that they could claim & block content that is not their own.
I guess since they are an Organization, they have some pull with Youtube.

Here is the thread I created about the situation:
I just replied to that thread; you might want to take a look.

Back