Comedy vs. People & Blogs

I think Frankie hit it dead on the head. I think that if you list comedy in the tags it should link there too. I also don't know if you have ever noticed that the tags sometimes have ( ) around it saying category or something like that. I believe this should work too. I also every once in a while just started switching categories on some of my videos after a few weeks to see if it generated more or boosted views. I think you can put half in comedy, half in blogs, and then every couple of weeks swap them...see what happens.

You're pretty funny..you could probably get away with Comedy.... :)

Thank you for the compliment![DOUBLEPOST=1369078098,1369078008][/DOUBLEPOST]
I put all mine as comedy because I think very highly of myself... also, they didn't have a mental illness category

Ha! Your videos do remind me of a certain level of clinical insanity. You just got yourself a subscriber![DOUBLEPOST=1369078222][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay guys... based on what I am reading here, it sounds like it really doesn't matter what effin' category I put my videos in unless I intend to buy paid ads for them. It sounds like optimizing my tags is my best bet.

The only non-paid advantage I've seen here amongst the responses is that someone who is browsing "entertainment" (for example) might come across a video of mine in that category. That suggests to me that it would be in my best interest to list my videos in whatever category has the least competition - which I'm guessing is People & Blogs, right where I am. Thoughts?

Okay guys... based on what I am reading here, it sounds like it really doesn't matter what effin' category I put my videos in unless I intend to buy paid ads for them.

When I said ad buys, I meant ad buys for your videos. Classifying your videos as entertainment could earn you more money because there is more premium advertising available for videos in the entertainment category as opposed to comedy. I was told that when meeting with 4 different networks in the last 2 weeks.

When I said ad buys, I meant ad buys for your videos. Classifying your videos as entertainment could earn you more money because there is more premium advertising available for videos in the entertainment category as opposed to comedy. I was told that when meeting with 4 different networks in the last 2 weeks.

Whoa! I get it now. Great point. Thank you!

Back