Cheap Green Screen

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not a bad idea. My girlfriend had the idea to just paint the gaming/computer room green. Have an entire green room.

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not a bad idea. My girlfriend had the idea to just paint the gaming/computer room green. Have an entire green room.
That as actually sounds like a great idea!! If you ever do, please let us know how it does!! Been wanting a green screen but can't afford it at the moment.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What camera are you shooting your green screen with? I want to do a green screen shoot, but I'm worried my Canon 7D won't be good for that as it is 4:2:0.

Irahs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What camera are you shooting your green screen with? I want to do a green screen shoot as well

BikiniTheater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a regular cloth green screen. The toughest part for me is trying to light it properly. I spent like 30 hours just recording myself and making adjustments over and over. Parts of the screen have too much shadow and other parts have glaring hotspots. I never did get it right, but iMovie has a great (GREAT) clean up tool so I eventually just gave up trying to tweak the lighting.

I always remember to tell people not to wear green, but last time someone came up with an idea to put on a lei at the last second. It must have had green leaves or flowers and you can see right through her. The whole video looks so bad it just fits in.

It pretty much sums up my whole life :)

BigB0ss

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
That's sick, I might try that next time I was at wal-mart. I was planning on having my Grandma knit me a blanket to use as a green screen lol.

AudVid Bros

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That looks like it would work pretty well. A green sheet also works if you want a portable green screen.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is something I absolutely adore to see and read into and watch. I love DIY projects around video production and filmmaking (as I have to budget myself and well... yeah it is just cheaper)
Funnily enough I am going price list creating tomorrow :D

Need to price all the parts to put together a DIY Dolly I plan to make! But yeah, awesome post! I am totally not going to try this.... xD
Should probably price green poster board while I am getting my Dolly Price list sorted too.