Channel verified but i can't upload custom thumbnails

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
So i started a new channel from the scratch very recently and i verified my channel but a day after i still can't upload custom thumbnails. And i'm afraid that i won't be able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes either. I didn't experience this problem on my previous channel. I was able to upload custom thumbnails right after verifying. What is going on? Have you ever faced this issue? How did you resolve it? What can i do?

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian

is there a certain criteria to meet to enable those features? like number of subscribers?
There is no criteria, according to this article (VidIQ is a relable surce for anything Youtube related). I had 0 subscribers on my old channel when i applied for channel verification. This time my account got verified but i still can't use the features that a verified account should have access to.

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
It even says in my account setting that customs thumbnails are enabled. I can still upload custom thumbnails through TubeBuddy but that isn't a preferred method.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i still can't upload custom thumbnails.
What happens when you try? Are you getting an error message? Can you post a screenshot?

My advice is to delete cache and cookies, then log out and log back in again and try again.

Reactions: OpiumSymposium

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
What happens when you try? Are you getting an error message? Can you post a screenshot?

My advice is to delete cache and cookies, then log out and log back in again and try again.
Absolutely nothing happens when i click on the "upload thumbnail" icon. I don't get any message at all. But i will try to do as you said. Thank you.

Reactions: Crown

Ormisa and Troi

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my thumbnails too
I cant change it to custom

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Absolutely nothing happens when i click on the "upload thumbnail" icon. I don't get any message at all. But i will try to do as you said. Thank you.
I am now seeing custom thumbnails on your channel. Did you fix it? :)

Ormisa and Troi

Reaction score
No ..i am verified an all that ,but i still cant use custom thumbnails.
the custom thumbnails box is grey and i cant click on it.
did you fix your problem with it ?