Channel name change?

Kamikaze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So when I first started YouTube I got my channel name from the game Worms. It was something I used to like to play, so I thought why not use the name. Then I did my research and found out what my name is all about. I know its bad to change your name and stuff, but I feel a bit awkward telling people about my channel because of the name. It also isn't very unique, which is why I was thinking to change. My friend came up with the name Yianimations, which is a mixture of my nickname and my hobby. I like it, but im not sure if I should change. What do you think? Is it a good name?

Thanks for you time and help :)

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think if you're uncomfortable with your old youtube name then definitely change it - I've seen someone change their name before who had a very establish channel and all I did was go "Oh, they're using a different name now, interesting" so I don't think you'd really get any backlash or anything from changing it, as long as the content you're posting is the same! The subscribers you still have won't think too much about it and it'll just be something to get used to :)

I also really like the name you want to change it to, it's super cute and really grabs attention!

Kamikaze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think if you're uncomfortable with your old youtube name then definitely change it - I've seen someone change their name before who had a very establish channel and all I did was go "Oh, they're using a different name now, interesting" so I don't think you'd really get any backlash or anything from changing it, as long as the content you're posting is the same! The subscribers you still have won't think too much about it and it'll just be something to get used to :)

I also really like the name you want to change it to, it's super cute and really grabs attention!
Thanks for the help, I think im gonna change it! I guess its better to change it earlier on than later :) Ps awesome channel!

Reactions: CrystalD

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
If you are uncomfortable with it then change it :)
WiiRikeToPray changed their name recently to WiiLikeToPlay.

And they have like 470k subs, and I don't think people cared too much about the name change.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
A re-look and re-fresh of a channel is always nice to do. New art style new thumbnails hell (in your case) even a new name.

I say go full steam ahead with it, f its bothering you that much then by all means do something about it. As for coming up with the name its not as easy as you think.You would be surprised as to what channel names have already been taken :p

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I changed my channel name from something I really didn't care for. I actually changed my entire channel, the content and the art work. The first month I received 10k views (my total before was 7500 in 3 months). People seem to like the change. I know I do.

Dstacey97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is ok to change it. You wanna be proud of your work and have a name your proud of as well. Just make sure you inform all your current subscribers of this change and update all your branding. Good luck friend!!