LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
cool screenshot - brings back memories.
I think a 'YouTube history screenshot / video' thread would be good - if anyone has relevant content for it, because unfortaunetly I don't.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Dang, I remember that UI. I feel like I didn't consider it ugly back then, but now it looks so meh to me.
Yeah, people don't like change but with hindsight, it's often for the better. The star reviews were cool but that interface is so ugly. I think the fonts look terrible.

I think a lot of the changes to the user interface were made because a lot of the old stuff didn't work well on mobile devices. ^^

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Personally. I hate this move to Mobile design. I told everyone last year when they started pushing the new YT Creator that it was a move to Mobile platform design and it had nothing to do with making it better. This video literally confirms what I said. I don't mind YT being formatted for mobile on the Viewers side, but when it comes to DESIGNING and Creating, it needs to be for Desktop on the creator's side. No professional videographer on earth uses a smartphone to create movies. Show me a Hollywood movie that was created on a smartphone. Movie creation is done on a DESKTOP. Professional work is done on a Desktop, not a smartphone. We watch things on a smartphone.

There will never be a better interface to detailed professional work than a Keyboard and a Mouse.

This is what happens when you let gadget geeks decided what is best.

Reactions: Ater and LandyVlad