Changing Channel tags

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
N

Now that is really the tough part. Need to get your video suggested by a channel woth more traffic to get you noticed by YT
We have started to get suggested.. but we are either all the way at the bottom or the video that is suggesting us isn't bringing in a ton of views.. ugh this YouTube game is so frustrating

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
All this craziness make me think that YT pushing big and small channels to buy ads to recoup lost revenues from walked away advertisers. May be I am just paranoid with following dollars but YT here is to make more money not for charity and would not help anyone for free. Time of luck for small creators is long gone.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All this craziness make me think that YT pushing big and small channels to buy ads to recoup lost revenues from walked away advertisers. May be I am just paranoid with following dollars but YT here is to make more money not for charity and would not help anyone for free. Time of luck for small creators is long gone.
I have spent so much in ads it's crazy! It seemed to help at first but since we have backed away from ads we have actually done better,but could be a mixture of other things as well too.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is no doubt that neither Youtube, Google, nor Alphabet are charities. They are cold, hard corporates out to increase returns for shareholders. Suppliers (us) are at the bottom of the money food chain. Suppliers are always the first to get squeezed by corporates when revenue falls.

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much, very nice and informative post, especially from KiddieToysReview. It was very interesting to read your story. I'm not ready to share my channel details yet but it's been frustrating so far, with only 100 or so organic views a day and only 1 video out of 11 "performing". Also tried adwords - got views and subs but it all stopped once I stopped paying.

Yes, may be it's not easy for the small guy now, but yet some manage to get millions of view in just weeks on YT.

Examples:
UC-5lQO_dpAdpWgn7vI_AIGQ
UCPvoAzEj4tkQh07Ilx8G0lA

Content of the above channels is not that good at all. Can someone please tell me what's the secret?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much, very nice and informative post, especially from KiddieToysReview. It was very interesting to read your story. I'm not ready to share my channel details yet but it's been frustrating so far, with only 100 or so organic views a day and only 1 video out of 11 "performing". Also tried adwords - got views and subs but it all stopped once I stopped paying.

Yes, may be it's not easy for the small guy now, but yet some manage to get millions of view in just weeks on YT.

Examples:
UC-5lQO_dpAdpWgn7vI_AIGQ
UCPvoAzEj4tkQh07Ilx8G0lA

Content of the above channels is not that good at all. Can someone please tell me what's the secret?
While it seems like a new channels gets a pop mysteriously, there's usually a backstory:

Example 1: UC-5lQO_dpAdpWgn7vI_AIGQ
If you look on the Home page 'Related Channels", you'll see the top link is KuDo ToysReview. If you click to KuDo, you'll see it's the same kid. KuDo also has 1.6M subs and about 100M views/month. So they likely tags match and also redirect traffic via cards/end screens to their new channel.

Example 2: UCPvoAzEj4tkQh07Ilx8G0lA
This one takes a little more digging - if you click through the network they are part of, seezisnet, it seems a couple of Russian channels owned by Tiki Taki banded together and cross promote. The channel you mention, Fun Ksusha Vlog could be another one of their friends or family and they redirect traffic to it to build it up fast. That playground in their header video looks familiar, I saw it a few days ago in another video or 2, so it's likely they are all in cahoots. Unless that playground design is super successful and is copied all over Russia, McDonalds style, of course.

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your super quick response KTR, highly appreciated mate! :)

I realised the second one was part of this network also based on their channel "friends". Yet it amazed me how quickly YT started to promote them, really just a few weeks into their existence.

Another example - this one took longer than 2 weeks, may be 4 weeks but now flying: UC96TwRI_I8Xi8g96CzIgR6Q
I followed it since they had 3-4 videos. They came up on my suggested videos when they had 40 views per video, so definitely no network/traffic redirection.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot for your super quick response KTR, highly appreciated mate! :)

I realised the second one was part of this network also based on their channel "friends". Yet it amazed me how quickly YT started to promote them, really just a few weeks into their existence.

Another example - this one took longer than 2 weeks, may be 4 weeks but now flying: UC96TwRI_I8Xi8g96CzIgR6Q
I followed it since they had 3-4 videos. They came up on my suggested videos when they had 40 views per video, so definitely no network/traffic redirection.
Ye so this channel is what I close 'close tracker'. They basically closely track channels and implement the same videos. Their very first video hits many of the popular tropes and video craft employed by Vlad and similar on trend channels. This leads me to believe this is not their first channel. If you look at the kids eyes during facial shots (and also the white light switch) in their first video you will see they are using studio lighting. It's unlikely that for the very first video everything will be done correctly right off the bat, especially with the proper lighting equipment and well placed sound effects. This makes me believe they have kids video production experience already, and likely a larger/older channel. They popped this one open to capitalize on the 'learn colors' trend. But then again their description is stuffed with # tags, which is unusual for an experienced channel operator.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ye so this channel is what I close 'close tracker'. They basically closely track channels and implement the same videos. Their very first video hits many of the popular tropes and video craft employed by Vlad and similar on trend channels. This leads me to believe this is not their first channel. If you look at the kids eyes during facial shots (and also the white light switch) in their first video you will see they are using studio lighting. It's unlikely that for the very first video everything will be done correctly right off the bat, especially with the proper lighting equipment and well placed sound effects. This makes me believe they have kids video production experience already, and likely a larger/older channel. They popped this one open to capitalize on the 'learn colors' trend. But then again their description is stuffed with # tags, which is unusual for an experienced channel operator.
I have seen several large channels use # now..

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
While it seems like a new channels gets a pop mysteriously, there's usually a backstory:

Example 1: UC-5lQO_dpAdpWgn7vI_AIGQ
If you look on the Home page 'Related Channels", you'll see the top link is KuDo ToysReview. If you click to KuDo, you'll see it's the same kid. KuDo also has 1.6M subs and about 100M views/month. So they likely tags match and also redirect traffic via cards/end screens to their new channel.

Example 2: UCPvoAzEj4tkQh07Ilx8G0lA
This one takes a little more digging - if you click through the network they are part of, seezisnet, it seems a couple of Russian channels owned by Tiki Taki banded together and cross promote. The channel you mention, Fun Ksusha Vlog could be another one of their friends or family and they redirect traffic to it to build it up fast. That playground in their header video looks familiar, I saw it a few days ago in another video or 2, so it's likely they are all in cahoots. Unless that playground design is super successful and is copied all over Russia, McDonalds style, of course.
You have done good investigation detective KTR :) I will need to do the same for the channels on my field.