Cards and Endscreens

Andreassandström

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTTALK!
I have a question on Cards and Endscreens.

Is it worth putting time down on making an endscreen and cards for older videos?

I just started to put in endscreens on my videos and thought, should I do this on my other 60ish videos? So I decided to ask here, have you guys done this? Found any value in it?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'd definitely recommend it - particularly the endscreens - That's where your viewers will be deciding what to do next. If you don't propose YOUR videos, they'll be looking elsewhere. It's also an ideal moment to suggest they subscribe with a "sub" link on the endscreen. :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes!!! and YES again:):) A LOT has happened since Youtube started and especially endscreens is worth working on.. It really wont take a lot of your time and if you are so lucky that a person actually watched yout video till the end why not lure him into watching more videos or even subscribe??? there is no doubt in my mind that you you should work with endscreen... Cards is a bit different.... Try to use cards if it´s relevant to the video only :) that wouls be my advice

Reactions: Andreassandström

Andreassandström

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes!!! and YES again:):) A LOT has happened since Youtube started and especially endscreens is worth working on.. It really wont take a lot of your time and if you are so lucky that a person actually watched yout video till the end why not lure him into watching more videos or even subscribe??? there is no doubt in my mind that you you should work with endscreen... Cards is a bit different.... Try to use cards if it´s relevant to the video only :) that wouls be my advice
Thank you! I am putting endscreens to everything that is more than 25s (I have quite a few videos that are shorter) :) Even the older ones :) As a supersmall youtuber, I feel that I need to everything in my power to grow some views and subs (in a healthy matter) but the reason I asked was because it seemed unneccssary to do it on older videos. Now, getting your answers, I understand that people might still jump on one of the "older" videos and an endscreen can do me a favor there too!

Cards can be, as you say, useful if you make sure to use them correctly! I might have to look over some older videos to see that I have been using it in a smart way (and maybe update a few cards)

Thanks!

Reactions: Dave2017

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I put endscreens and have decent luck with them. I have a 3 piece end: Subscribe link, Patreon link, and a "best vid for viewer" link. The best vid for viewer gets some decent action. I do not use cards because I personally hate them. If you have a link, put it in the description. I see cards as an annoying pop-up, although not as evil as annotations were (I had them disabled)

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
End screens are a MUST - I never click Cards and so I do not include any in my videos.
I put links in the description if I reference one of my other videos.