Can you get a copyright infringement if you upload game trailers on youtube?

Patrick Vu

Reaction score
I was going to upload trailers on youtube while putting commentary on it. Would I get a copyright strike if I do? Im going to use xbox one e3 reveal, ps4, and call of duty ghosts. I also have a little sound playing in the background of my commentary of the videos too. So should I remove the video sound in the background of my commentary too? Thanks in advance.

IAppleCommericals

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Game Trailers ? that would be a copyright violation if you didn't own the rights to it. So i suggest make original content & don't get yourself into legal matters :D

bellathemua

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer
Game Trailers ? that would be a copyright violation if you didn't own the rights to it. So i suggest make original content & don't get yourself into legal matters :D
Exactly it's not worth even risking getting strikes against your account. Or figure out a way that doesn't violate copyrights.

Reactions: IAppleCommericals

Orbit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
YES, even if you are a small partener they like to strike you to all hell for doing that. Never upload trailers

Reactions: IAppleCommericals

Slowlist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I was going to upload trailers on youtube while putting commentary on it. Would I get a copyright strike if I do? Im going to use xbox one e3 reveal, ps4, and call of duty ghosts. I also have a little sound playing in the background of my commentary of the videos too. So should I remove the video sound in the background of my commentary too? Thanks in advance.
I've done it, but it had no audio, and was just on a portion of the screen while we chatted about it. They are always looking for copyright strikes, but if you really want to do it, maybe use a portion of it not the entire thing, and don't make it the entire screen. But its probably best to avoid it, unless you have a partnership and can ask them first

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That's kinda dumb... why waste the time? Anyone would rather see the actual trailer than seeing someone alter it and give opinions or whatever. Make your own seperate video ranting about and add the trailer in the link description.

AGuyOnCamera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a partnership with Machinima. They actually encourage all partners to re-upload any and all trailers. That's why you see people like Woody and Whiteboy uploading trailers.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have a partnership with Machinima. They actually encourage all partners to re-upload any and all trailers. That's why you see people like Woody and Whiteboy uploading trailers.
wow... I'm surprised they do that. I'd still rather see the official trailer than some second-hand version uploaded by random Youtuber # 45.

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
why would yu possibly wanna do that? I mean, is one game trailer not enuf?! Lawl XD And yes, yu will get a copyrightstrike so yu shouldnt do it at all ;D