Can my channel get monetised?

Santz92

Reaction score
Hey All,

Im looking to start my YouTube journey, i have a deep passion for True Crime and wanted to open a YouTube channel based off of this (voiceover style)

I know later on i would be given access to "enable monetisation" but due to the genre, do you think i would be able to monetize the channel? Or will my videos be demonitized/not given an option to monetize.

I am not solely doing this to make money, its just something i am passionate about and love delving deep into and im sure other viewers would also be interested in watching, it would just be a bonus to make some extra money later on down the line, especially with all the work id be putting into it (research, writing script, recording audio, mastering audio, editing video) it will be time consuming.

I dont plan to add any video clips, just still shots/screenshots about the topic of discussion without showing any vile/graphic photos etc etc more of a friendly slideshow style.

I look forward to hearing any advice that you may be able to assist me with, im super pumped to start, i just wanted to confirm this and get advice on here.

Many thanks!

melodies

Reaction score
I think using videos instead of still shots are more entertaining to watch and will result in more views and watch time.

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube have loosened their policy a bit regarding that.
I do occasional True Crime videos on my channel and most of them were demonetized. But I read a few months ago that YouTube was no longer demonitzing True Crime (or at least be less strict) and my last 5 True Crime videos have been monetized. So I think it's true

Reactions: GiggaVega

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
YouTube have loosened their policy a bit regarding that.
I do occasional True Crime videos on my channel and most of them were demonetized. But I read a few months ago that YouTube was no longer demonitzing True Crime (or at least be less strict) and my last 5 True Crime videos have been monetized. So I think it's true
I get it & agree with you but I think there is a fine line in this genre. Some true crime vids are way too much. You have to find a good balance between the graphic content & the safer stuff. Ultimately they want to know how they can monetize the content & what adds fall into line with the video. I think companies shied away because they didn't want their brands tied to crime videos which include murder & other stuff.
I am glad your channel got monetize @ASMR Zelda

PTL

Reaction score
I have had to appeal the automatic system for about 60 percent of the videos I posted on law. And a fair number of those were kept demonetized. Mainly because they dealt with real subjects. Most of my videos relating to Missouri's medical marijuana law changes were demonetized. -- Even though the videos were about law - not promoting the chemical.

Seems like it will be touch and go and there is no consistency on youtube's side.