Can I Do This?

George Lea

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I have an idea that I've seen done on YT several times and different ways, so I know it's legal in some shape or fashion, and I REALLY hope this works.
I want to monetize videos that show myself and a friend or 2 watching another YT music video, and as professional musicians we critique the video with lots of clean humor and fun.
We would probably have a couple of window in window inserts to show our reactions as the music plays. THAT'S IT!

I don't know enough about copyrights, and I'd probably forget if you told me. That doesn't mean I want to disobey or disrespect them, it just means I'm not an atty. So, if you could say "YEA! OR NAY!" and maybe a few simple rules thrown in. I can handle that.
So, lay it on me. What do I have to do?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
That would probably be a violation of copyright.

MKA

Reaction score
If you're reviewing or critiquing or making a parody of some sort, or if it's educational then that lends towards falling into the fair right usage rules. Bear in. mind sometimes others may not think so and issue a copyright claim anyway, so consider if you'd spend years building a house on unstable grounds.