Call To Action - Subscriber Bell Button

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,

Hopefully we all know what call-to-actions are, if you don't know what that is, it's basically where you ask or tell viewers to do something during the video.

Example: "Before this video starts make sure you drop a like, subscribe-", etc.

I wanted to get your opinions on what's better, saying subscribe and that's it or saying subscribe and hit the notification button (bell icon button). I think that if viewers are getting emails all the time it could be annoying or a hassle, I know from experience (I know I can turn it off but I'm just lazy). Also, the extra time you use to say hit the bell icon could be the difference between retaining a viewer or losing them (Attention spans are like that and getting worse).

I personally would rather have a sub that doesn't get my notifications rather than one that doesn't sub at all.

What are your thoughts?

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't know how effective this is, but it always seems better to me to save calls to action for the end of your video- after the viewer has seen the content and then they know whether they enjoyed it or not.

Reactions: Quick Question

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I wouldn't mention the bell at all because what happens in 2 years time when YouTube changes the interface again? You'll just confuse people. Just say "don't forget to subscribe"

Reactions: Quick Question