Buying subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why pay to break the terms of service? Also, if you want paid promotion, use the paid promotion built into YouTube with Adwords. It is cheap, and it works great. No reason to pay a third party even if you did want to pay for promotion. Inactive subscribers are not worth anything. Maybe 4 years ago when everyone judged you by subs it was worth it. Now all people care about are views and true fans/video interactions.

Doing that pretty much is just lying to yourself, there really isn't a point to it other then a quick self-esteem boost and a way to get money out of dumb people who need that boost. If you aren't willing to put the work into a channel then don't make one, rather then attempting to fake your way to the top.

they could be making fake ghost accounts and selling subs from those fakes members.

That's not what they "could" be doing, that IS what they are doing. They aren't even hiding it.
If there was such a cheap and easy way to get ACTUAL subscribers, people would just be doing that!

Likes, favorites and comments have SEO benefits, as well as marketing benefits, which is why people use them. Whether subscriber count has an SEO benefit, I'm not sure, but it does have a marketing benefit in regards to your online image. Some people also scam clients with this, showing how amazing they are at running their youtube channels.

That's not what they "could" be doing, that IS what they are doing. They aren't even hiding it.
If there was such a cheap and easy way to get ACTUAL subscribers, people would just be doing that!

Likes, favorites and comments have SEO benefits, as well as marketing benefits, which is why people use them. Whether subscriber count has an SEO benefit, I'm not sure, but it does have a marketing benefit in regards to your online image. Some people also scam clients with this, showing how amazing they are at running their youtube channels.
Yes, and that is why I don't understand why more people don't use Google Promotion instead of these services. You will get a huge SEO boost(I decided to test it out, and i jumped from result 20 to 9ish in a few days for a popular search with under $1 of promotion) plus it got real comments and ratings that will boost its rank more. All for $1 spent as a test. People literally pay thousands to get a "viral" video on some of these third party services.

If you're trying to build a community, I doubt 'bought' subscribers are going to be any good. You might get the odd one who engages but in general, I doubt it.

we all know that big gets bigger and small gets nothing, right?

so if you can skip small and go directly to big and get bigger, I can se how bought views/likes can work.

BUT it can only give you 15 min of fame (SEO fame that is), your content still needs to be awesome if you want the big gets bigger effect.

disclaimer: I don't like this and hope that everyone that does it gets banned but for the sake of argument, this is what I think.

I think buying subs is wrong, after all what good is just a number, when it will do nothing all for you, such as comment and interact

Buying subs is pointless mostly because while subs are great, it's the views and retention that matter more. At least from what I've seen. And I'm not about to pay for something that I could earn for free.

Buying subs is pointless mostly because while subs are great, it's the views and retention that matter more. At least from what I've seen. And I'm not about to pay for something that I could earn for free.

I used to feel that way. The "honest" way of building subs. Because of the kind of content I do (game ediorials based on industry news) though I could never rank well enough in the search for consistent long term views. It took me a year and a half, including time posting weekly to a 30K sub hub channel to get to a massive 207 subscribers. And all the while being constantly asked how it was possible that I didn't have more subscribers.

So I got into Adwords. A good trailer and a bit of money spent, less than 2 months later and tonight I'll hit 800 subs. At the current rate and without any additional growth or bumping up the adwords budget, I'll hit between 5K and 7K subs by the same time next year. Though I very much intend to up video production and increase the adwords budget.

The thing about buying subscribers is that it carries baggage. There are plenty of different ways to buy subs, some more useful than others.

Buying the first 100 subs is beneficial because of confirmation bias. People are more likely to subscribe to a channel other people do. Yes it's misleading when it's just botted subs, but it can be enough to give a channel a head start.

As for adwords, I'm still buying subs, but I'm doing it in a way that really is more about buying exposure which gets me people who actually checked my stuff out and thought it was good enough to stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back