Big youtubers what do they get paid monthly

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So they actually do make millions ... It's insane one of the gaming channels I watch just started last year and now has every video hitting over the million view mark and he is estimated to make over 200k a month but he's talking about doing a realy job , why would you want to if you were making this kind of money a month
It might not be...that much......and well Youtube could go down any time. Having a job with regular income in muuuuuuuuuch more reliable. And well, if you happen to get fired from that job, then you have Youtube to back you up :p

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
Take the lowest estimate on SB, multiply it by 1.5-2 and that's what most channels are getting if they arn't selling integrations or merch.

Well this method will work for channel with <500k subs anyhow, above that and advertisers will start moving towards them instead of the other way around for the most part.

Rickyricc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It might not be...that much......and well Youtube could go down any time. Having a job with regular income in muuuuuuuuuch more reliable. And well, if you happen to get fired from that job, then you have Youtube to back you up :p
Always cracks me up when people say YT could disappear at any time lol. I dont think thats going to happen in our lifetime, they make a fortune and will continue to grow each and every year.

Rickyricc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
lol your comparing myspace to YT? Really haha
Myspace lasted a few years and was awful.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think the point is that, at the time, everyone thought myspace was the dogs ******** and no-one predicted its downfall ;)

Remember friendsreunited.co.uk ? Well it's still going (but only just) but when it first came out, it was a huge success and there were articles in all the UK papers about how awesome it was (and it was). Everyone was using it................ and then facebook came along and blew it out of the water. No-one saw that coming either.

Although I don't think YouTube will collapse, I agree with the point I think @Katherinejane001 and @TheBatteryChicken are making in that the interweb is so fast-moving, it's risky relying on an external website that you have no control of for sustained income :)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
There is one major difference between YouTube and MySpace. The infrastructure to run YouTube is far, far more cost prohibitive than MySpace to run. This is not something where a new startup will appear out of nowhere without warning like Facebook.

It's also worth noting that a good portion of internet users believe that Google IS the internet. Dethroning them is going to take some pretty major steps.

Reactions: Rickyricc

Gaz Patterson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Yeah I was gonna say doesn't google like almost own the internet (joke) but I don't see YouTube going anywhere anytime soon hopefully it will stay around enough for me to make millions lol

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Big comapnies collapse all the time, people move on, life changes.

Look back 20 years and see how everything has changed, odds are youtube wont be a thing in 20 years time and if it is a thing it will be completely different to what it is now. Businesses only survive if they adapt, if they make a few bad decisions it could easily f**k them over and see everything collapse in on itself.

By law of numbers eventually youtube will cease to be a thing either sooner or later.

TrueXPixels

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Youtube isn't all about making money(ok maybe some of it is) it's about making people laugh and having fun!