Big youtubers make me so angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
u seem to be pretty angry with anyone who is doing well for themselves................I mean pewds just got donw raising like 100k for a clean water charity and even if ijustine isn't super entertaining to you she's found what people like to see he doing and she does it.[DOUBLEPOST=1376991680,1376991061][/DOUBLEPOST]its hella hard to get your stuff noticed. Ill say this because recently I got a shoutout from smosh's gaming channel and grew like 8k subs in a week after that. ive been trying to figure out this youtube thing for like 8 months and through studying videos traveling to talk to better youtubers then me and just plain spending a lot of hours honing my videos ive come up with a fairly successful formula. and ill tell you......its not easy O_O. not even to mention ive spent over 1k on equipment. and then my first channel didn't do what I wanted it to do so I scrapped that channel and started my gaming channel which is doing alot better. im not earning money off my videos because technically im not partnered even though ive been accepted into machinima respawn. but I decided to go with someone else. its like a full time job except with no money lol. still have alot of fun conversating with the people who watch my videos though.
How did you get a shoutout from SmoshGames?

How many people in the top 100 do you know who worked hard? Most of them just piggybacked off of one another or got lucky. Like most people say, YouTube is as much luck as it is effort.

Making videos is a hobby, it's not ballbusting labor. I hate how people think they shed tears and bleed while uploading vlogs or gaming videos, most of the time they just don't know what they're doing.

How did you get a shoutout from SmoshGames?
they saw the video that's right below in my signature. lasercorn from smosh games saw it and featured one of my channels videos on a segment of a show on their channel. he commented on the video saying he was featuring it. which got me like 1k subs then a different host from the show tweeted it out saying i was his new favorite gaming channel. and then the show i was on came out which got me another 6k subs.

just made sure i put nothing average on my channel and it worked i suppose[DOUBLEPOST=1376992397,1376992286][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many people in the top 100 do you know who worked hard? Most of them just piggybacked off of one another or got lucky. Like most people say, YouTube is as much luck as it is effort.

Making videos is a hobby, it's not ballbusting labor. I hate how people think they shed tears and bleed while uploading vlogs or gaming videos, most of the time they just don't know what they're doing.

dude listening to you makes my head hurt............. with the way u think its no wonder your channel isn't doing that well >_>

Because we all know so much about each and every person in the top 100. Enough to group them all together in grand generalisations.

What kind of videos do you make? Maybe YOUR videos aren't ball busting labor, but why you seem to assume that you know the effort involved in everyone else's is beyond me. My channel consumes me, it's to the point that it's my entire life pretty much, I over think, underthink, shoot reshoot, edit for hours, spend hours brainstorming, it's not freaking roof tiling or construction work if you're just making a PHYSICAL comparison, but mentally and emotionally if you want to make GOOD videos it's freaking WORK. It takes an unbiased and ready to tweak eye, plus a desire to constantly be searching for the next idea, plus the dedication to spend tons and tons of time editing and tweaking to create something you think is worthy to be seen.

And sure man, most of the time they "don't know what they're doing" But from this forum if there's anything I've learned it's that not every youtuber thinks they're the next smosh. Some just like doing it, and could die happy if they hit 1000 subs. But this comment was tied into your last about how the big youtubers don't work hard. They might not NOW. Maybe NOW a script writer comes up with their ideas and a camera crew perfects their lighting. But to get that privilege they did it all themselves FIRST.

So you can say that making videos is never a hard labor till you're blue in the face. And I can say "f**k you it's become my most draining task in life" till I'm purple. At the end of the day, no one gets famous for no reason, even a manchurian candidate is picked for a reason.

dude listening to you makes my head hurt............. with the way u think its no wonder your channel isn't doing that well >_>
I'm deleting all of my inactive subs and restarted 2 days ago, I'm not at the point of "You're failing".

Because we all know so much about each and every person in the top 100. Enough to group them all together in grand generalisations.
A little observing is all that's required. RWJ stealing videos, Smosh being there from the beginning (although they work hard), JacksGap getting lucky, etc. are a few examples.

What kind of videos do you make? Maybe YOUR videos aren't ball busting labor, but why you seem to assume that you know the effort involved in everyone else's is beyond me. My channel consumes me, it's to the point that it's my entire life pretty much, I over think, underthink, shoot reshoot, edit for hours, spend hours brainstorming, it's not freaking roof tiling or construction work if you're just making a PHYSICAL comparison, but mentally and emotionally if you want to make GOOD videos it's freaking WORK. It takes an unbiased and ready to tweak eye, plus a desire to constantly be searching for the next idea, plus the dedication to spend tons and tons of time editing and tweaking to create something you think is worthy to be seen.

And sure man, most of the time they "don't know what they're doing" But from this forum if there's anything I've learned it's that not every youtuber thinks they're the next smosh. Some just like doing it, and could die happy if they hit 1000 subs. But this comment was tied into your last about how the big youtubers don't work hard. They might not NOW. Maybe NOW a script writer comes up with their ideas and a camera crew perfects their lighting. But to get that privilege they did it all themselves FIRST.

So you can say that making videos is never a hard labor till you're blue in the face. And I can say "f**k you it's become my most draining task in life" till I'm purple. At the end of the day, no one gets famous for no reason, even a manchurian candidate is picked for a reason.

I am obviously not referring to the freddiew and MysteryGuitarMan type channels. Smosh and Shane Dawson videos also take a lot of planning, but JennaMarbles, JacksGap, TylerOakley, etc. type of channels are insanely simpler. You'd think I'd murdered your Mother with all of your caps. Calm down, fella.

I'm deleting all of my inactive subs and restarted 2 days ago, I'm not at the point of "You're failing".

A little observing is all that's required. RWJ stealing videos, Smosh being there from the beginning (although they work hard), JacksGap getting lucky, etc. are a few examples.

I am obviously not referring to the freddiew and MysteryGuitarMan type channels. Smosh and Shane Dawson videos also take a lot of planning, but JennaMarbles, JacksGap, TylerOakley, etc. type of channels are insanely simpler. You'd think I'd murdered your Mother with all of your caps. Calm down, fella.

Yeah, I'll definitely give you RWJ, haha. And even JacksGap I guess. But basically I think we agree. Channels like freddiew can't be placed in the same boat as someone who got lucky on a viral video. At the same time, a lot of people work really hard on their stuff, even if it appears simple.

First off I put caps in almost all my posts just cause it comes naturally. When I speak I emphasize words so when I type I naturally do the same. As far as Jenna Marbles is concerned I stick by my guns, when she started off she had to come up with great ideas and execute them well. Her "what boys do" "What girls do" videos were hysterical, no one wrote that for her. NOW she seems to have everything done for her, and alot of people think her channel is boring. I haven't watched it in forever I don't know. Oh look at that I just noticed I capitalized "now" I must be irate. I'll talk to you when I'm not since the caps are the irate indicators and 4 or more in a 3 paragraph post is a sign of being furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back