Best way to promote videos?

Hello :) was curious to how you guys promote your videos?

I myself always make sure I post to
Facebook + my facebook photography page (also a geek group)
Twitter
Tumblr (+ make .gifs)
Reddit
Buzzfeed

is there any sites that work best for you?

(sorry if this post has been done before, I'm new) :)

I promote through facebook and yttalk! and when my videos are still new i make sure to post the video on youtube every couple hours! gets me 300 views weakly for most of my videos! when i had under 100 subs!

For me personally with the YTtalkTV channel I only promote it here but it will naturally quite a lot of interest with it being community driven mostly.

If I had a channel that was completely different then I would do the same as youre doing with every video release, perhaps post them as video responses to relevant videos and hopefully they would get approved, on here for certain but on here its best to network with people, like get to know them, show interest in their stuff and theyre bound to at least see if they like your own. If the channel was making money I would probably consider Google adwords but if not then no chance :D

It's very tough on YouTube these days to promote yourself and even network with those doing similar videos but if you can find a few people that might be interested in doing some cross promotion like box for boxing where their subscribers might like your stuff then that can work well. Youre doing everything right so far there in my opinion, the big issue though is keeping it going which can seem like a chore doing it over and over.

I promote through facebook and yttalk! and when my videos are still new i make sure to post the video on youtube every couple hours! gets me 300 views weakly for most of my videos! when i had under 100 subs!

what do u mean by post on youtube every hours? Where do you post on Reddit I will upvote your videos.

Thank you :)
Reddit usually hate my stuff, I get messaged telling me 'Video's don't do well here' haha
http://redd.it/uv4ak

I've only had one good video response approved, by Hannah Harto (my drunk kitchen) so I was quite happy with that, got my video to nearly 600views quite quickly hehe :)

How do you mean you post every few hours? you mean with say different thumbnails/tags over different channels?
thanks guys! :)

thats a good idea!

yeah i noticed Smosh doing that and it made sense cause not everyones in the same time zone so when you do upload your video some of your subs might be a sleep or at work or whatever so if you keep posting it every now and then eventually everyone that's subbed will see it!

yeah i noticed Smosh doing that and it made sense cause not everyones in the same time zone so when you do upload your video some of your subs might be a sleep or at work or whatever so if you keep posting it every now and then eventually everyone that's subbed will see it!

so true

Back