Best Way to Link/Maximize Exposure on a Follow Up Video?

XboxDIY

Well-Known Member
I have a video with close to 700,000 views that has been a hit for me. I'm absolutely an idiot for not following up on it earlier, but I would like to do a follow up answering questions while at the same time, doing a little bit of brand building for my channel.

What's the best way to go about doing this? Is it a simple annotation/card at the beginning of the first video saying something along the lines of "hey, go to my follow up video if you have questions after this video?", or is there something better?

60% of my views come from mobile. This will be a Q & A video to hopefully help some people out who have questions about what to do.

I'll obviously be putting a link in the description and use the same tags/keywords as I did in the first video.
 
How about putting them both in a 'official' playlist? I remember reading that if you do that YouTube know to recommend the next video in the playlist. Also if people have autoplay enabled then your follow up will play straight away.

Just an idea.
 
How about putting them both in a 'official' playlist? I remember reading that if you do that YouTube know to recommend the next video in the playlist. Also if people have autoplay enabled then your follow up will play straight away.

Just an idea.

Good ideas. I'm going to definitely add it to a playlist so that way people can easily locate it, using a lot of the same tags/titles as the first video.

Love your channel by the way. Subbed.. Haha the video on using someone to discipline your kids. Priceless! Side note: where are you from?
 
haha thanks man! That was a fun one XD. Im from London, England.

Love your intro video by the way. DIY videos that don't suck. Witty, not too long and Catchy!
 
I've seen some pretty big annotations popped on the front end of videos with update or follow-up videos, basically taking up the whole screen, so maybe be a little bit obnoxious about it? I'd be careful about doing it, just for retention time, though.
 
Back
Top