Best Time to Partnership

IndieMaster Karavin

Liking YTtalk
When is the best time to go and sign up for a partnership?

I mean the number of viewers, subscribers. Im just doing a bit of reaserch here.

Thank you for your future anwsers :D
 
Personally never. These days there isn't really any need to have one unless you cherish that royalty free library and slashed pay out. Originally about a year a go it was believed that networks could protect you from those pesky copyright strikes until Youtube realized that these "companies" were protecting their partners through mouth words instead of physical evidence. At the same time aspiring content creators were getting seduced by alluring phrases like 'We'll promote your channel', 'We'll help build your audience' and the most popular 'Make lots of money!'.

Sadly nothing of this is true and the ultimate conclusion to your eventual partnership will be that you get some kind of royalty free music library that to be honest is pretty cheap as an individual subscription anyway and of course you will make some form of cash. Now you may think "Wait, so I make money?! Isn't that a good thing?!" Well sure but you need to remember that you don't make as much as you would expect. First Youtube takes a chunk of it and then your network takes a bigger chunk of it. This ultimately leaves you with what is left and from the looks of your views you will probably make maybe...20 - 40 pence probably less.

This pocket change probably won't even be given to you as networks do payout thresholds where you must earn around $50 before you even see your loose change.

Networks in most shapes and forms are pretty a sham and their main reason for existing is to take a nice chunk of your money. You need to remember that hundreds to thousands of Youtubers already signed onto this network contracts. It is a massive gold mine for the singular gold mines of these network owners because in the end you are signing a contract to give them part of your revenue. Why not just keep that revenue share yourself and build your audience to make more on your own.

Think about it. Don't follow the herd.
 
You can still partner yourself with Youtube by joining their partner program. The point is that you have no reason to be giving out revenue of whatever little you make to two separate parties. It is like having someone in the street come up to you and say "Sign this so I take part of your income and you can go back to doing what you were doing".
 
Thanks Noir thats very helpful.

I feel puzzled right now. I thought "Hey these partnership things are great! They help you earn money, and they even help you with your channel improvements".

I need to think about this now. Luckily Ive got a lot of time until I will be able to sign a partnership, so I can sit and think for a while :D

Thank for replaying Noir, thats very generous of you to represent this on my thread :D
 
At about 100k subs, but make sure to pick a network that has a lot of content creators who make similar stuff to you. This way once you are signed up to that network you are thrown into that group and have an opening to actually network with people who you can then work with on projects and do collaborations with.
 
Thanks Noir thats very helpful.

I feel puzzled right now. I thought "Hey these partnership things are great! They help you earn money, and they even help you with your channel improvements".

I need to think about this now. Luckily Ive got a lot of time until I will be able to sign a partnership, so I can sit and think for a while :D

Thank for replaying Noir, thats very generous of you to represent this on my thread :D

No one will improve your channel but you. A network doesn't help you make your channel better sadly. The initial concept of anticipation to unknowing Youtubers was that a network would promote you and help you get a bigger viewership and following but ultimately they don't. You will probably only ever communicate with your network twice. The first being when their support staff who will put the required amount of energy into sending the contract and having you sign it. The second time will be when you leave because most of the time the support staff aren't funded, or manned enough to answer, or help you.

RPM for instance had just a guy, or two who were generally around the age of 16 in their bedrooms, while the owner raked in moolah for herding Youtubers to Maker. Sad truth but still the truth.
 
I second the "stay independent", unless you absolutely need copyright protection for certain niches. This is your baby and no one will build it like you will.
 
You won't get copyright protection anymore because the Youtube system changed so that networks were forced to do their job. You may have noticed something called 'The Affiliate Program'. Basically networks now only protect their 'Managed' to some level, while small channels become 'Affiliate'. If you are an affiliate, which basically means you have less that 100,000 subs probably then you are on your own and your network doesn't care about you.

They will say otherwise but that is the reality of it.
 
Back
Top