Been doing YouTube for a long time. Only 380 subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi! I have been been doing YouTube since October of 2013 now and only have 380 subscribers. Now most of the time, I was uploading gaming content and I wasn't going anywhere with that. I then shifted to tech reviews about a year ago and seen my channel rise in popularity. I have been getting around 10,500 views per month which is a very good amount but for some reasons, I still have 380 subscribers. My goal is to reach 500 subscribers till the end of the year although with the situation I am in right now, I think I won't make it. I feel that people do check out my reviews, but since they only searched for that particular review, they then keep on going and therefore not subscribing. I put a lot of hard work into my videos, the last one taking about 5-6 hours to make and I think it turned out great, but since not many are subscribing, I am losing faith in uploading more content. Are there any tips, tricks or something of that sort that can help out? Thanks!

Reactions: Haikality

Haikality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually I kinda like your reviews. Guess what? I've watched one of your videos of you reviewing Sades headphones before deciding to buy a Sades headphones myself. It's not the same exact model but I gained my trust in Sades through one your videos. And now you're here!

I have the same problem with you, man. I reached 500 subs on late August yet I've been doing YT for like 4 years. All I could say is just keep uploading the content you enjoy making.

Do you like to play games? Got that game that you really loved? Have ever been so determined to achieve something in that game? And actually made it? In the process of achieving it, you didn't care about how many people would see your journey and efforts in beating the game. You did it because you enjoyed everything about that game. You loved playing that game despite its difficulty and all the hardship it gave to you.

Say, you're playing Pokemon. And you loved it soo much. Of course, Pokemon sometimes could be tedious and extremely boring at the grinding part. You would say, "Ugh, this is taking too long! I'm not gonna make it to Pokemon League." but you wouldn't quit, right? Because you loved the game so much, you stayed persistent and eventually you succeeded and beat the game.

YouTube is basically the same thing. You need to enjoy and have fun doing it. YouTube should be more like a getaway rather than a duty. Just like playing games, it should be a temporary way out of stress and real world problems. If you feel like you're quitting, just think, am I actually enjoying this? Maybe you just need another type of content to upload that you'd find more comfortable with.

If you feel like "Ugh.. I need to upload something" and you find yourself suffering in the process of making a video, you better quit doing YouTube. It's for your own good and health. YouTube should not be giving you more stress

But if you do enjoy doing YouTube, then keep doing so! Your videos are actually really good tbh, just need a bit more eye-pleasing thumbnails and banner (not saying that yours were not good, but I believe you could to better). Your videos are better than mine yet I have 500 subs, maaan.. relax.. you'll get there soon, trust me.

Tl;dr
Your videos are already better than mine yet I got 500 subs. You'll eventually get more than me I believe. I say, umm... 1000 subs would be easy for you :D. Create better thumbnails and channel arts. Just keep uploading, but only if you're enjoying it. Nuff said

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Just keep at it. Perhaps work more on collaborations and advertising your work to others. Getting your name out there is more just as important as the hard work going into your videos. =] And in those videos always remind people to subscribe as well. It should help out quite a bit. =] Best of luck!

Reactions: CoolFoxification
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Just keep at it. Perhaps work more on collaborations and advertising your work to others. Getting your name out there is more just as important as the hard work going into your videos. =] And in those videos always remind people to subscribe as well. It should help out quite a bit. =] Best of luck!
Thanks man! Will do, will do :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Actually I kinda like your reviews. Guess what? I've watched one of your videos of you reviewing Sades headphones before deciding to buy a Sades headphones myself. It's not the same exact model but I gained my trust in Sades through one your videos. And now you're here!

I have the same problem with you, man. I reached 500 subs on late August yet I've been doing YT for like 4 years. All I could say is just keep uploading the content you enjoy making.

Do you like to play games? Got that game that you really loved? Have ever been so determined to achieve something in that game? And actually made it? In the process of achieving it, you didn't care about how many people would see your journey and efforts in beating the game. You did it because you enjoyed everything about that game. You loved playing that game despite its difficulty and all the hardship it gave to you.

Say, you're playing Pokemon. And you loved it soo much. Of course, Pokemon sometimes could be tedious and extremely boring at the grinding part. You would say, "Ugh, this is taking too long! I'm not gonna make it to Pokemon League." but you wouldn't quit, right? Because you loved the game so much, you stayed persistent and eventually you succeeded and beat the game.

YouTube is basically the same thing. You need to enjoy and have fun doing it. YouTube should be more like a getaway rather than a duty. Just like playing games, it should be a temporary way out of stress and real world problems. If you feel like you're quitting, just think, am I actually enjoying this? Maybe you just need another type of content to upload that you'd find more comfortable with.

If you feel like "Ugh.. I need to upload something" and you find yourself suffering in the process of making a video, you better quit doing YouTube. It's for your own good and health. YouTube should not be giving you more stress

But if you do enjoy doing YouTube, then keep doing so! Your videos are actually really good tbh, just need a bit more eye-pleasing thumbnails and banner (not saying that yours were not good, but I believe you could to better). Your videos are better than mine yet I have 500 subs, maaan.. relax.. you'll get there soon, trust me.

Tl;dr
Your videos are already better than mine yet I got 500 subs. You'll eventually get more than me I believe. I say, umm... 1000 subs would be easy for you :D. Create better thumbnails and channel arts. Just keep uploading, but only if you're enjoying it. Nuff said

Tl;dr
Hey haha. Saw your comment on my video :p Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I know, my thumbnails are quite bad, I should really get better at those.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi! I have been been doing YouTube since October of 2013 now and only have 380 subscribers. Now most of the time, I was uploading gaming content and I wasn't going anywhere with that. I then shifted to tech reviews about a year ago and seen my channel rise in popularity. I have been getting around 10,500 views per month which is a very good amount but for some reasons, I still have 380 subscribers. My goal is to reach 500 subscribers till the end of the year although with the situation I am in right now, I think I won't make it. I feel that people do check out my reviews, but since they only searched for that particular review, they then keep on going and therefore not subscribing. I put a lot of hard work into my videos, the last one taking about 5-6 hours to make and I think it turned out great, but since not many are subscribing, I am losing faith in uploading more content. Are there any tips, tricks or something of that sort that can help out? Thanks!

Hi there. :)

Active members looking for specific advice for their channel based on their existing channel or videos may ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) The review forum is the only forum where our active members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep that sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Since you aren't yet active enough, I advise you to be a bit more active around the forum, take part in some discussions over the next few days, become part of the community and then ask for a review as per the guidelines above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.