auto-generated subtitles/CC in English

CC/

Reaction score
I am only offered auto-generated subtitles/CC in Spanish, although the third-party videos are in English. Is it possible to set the options to offer then in English?

My settings for my youtube account are a) Languge: English b) Content location: USA.
Nevertheless, I am living in Spain.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
to be completely honest, unless you have a perfect microphone and only film with your vocals alone, the subtitles wont be accurate. Only on off chances does it get a sentence correct in my case. Not worth your time.

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I have tried it once, long ago. It didn't really work cause you have to correct everything.

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Agree...Auto-generated text is horrible! I always correct them and I hope to make time to translate them to Spanish and Portuguese soon before i have too many videos.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My auto generated captions are like 8/10 right, often times i'll speak slightly too quickly and two words will mix to form another word on the CC, or it'll miss words or just get it wrong
It's not TERRIBLE terrible, but I wouldn't rely on it in the slightest... If you CAN make your own subs, then do that
Although I've heard from other people that it's total rubbish, It might be my accent haha

Reactions: ArtesVives

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My auto generated captions are like 8/10 right, often times i'll speak slightly too quickly and two words will mix to form another word on the CC, or it'll miss words or just get it wrong
It's not TERRIBLE terrible, but I wouldn't rely on it in the slightest... If you CAN make your own subs, then do that
Although I've heard from other people that it's total rubbish, It might be my accent haha
I have an accent . The problem is not the transcription but the punctuation...which can lead to pretty funny stuff lol :p

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have an accent . The problem is not the transcription but the punctuation...which can lead to pretty funny stuff lol :p
I see! I have a kind of typical english accent, maybe thats why it works ... some, most, a lot of the time for me LOL

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I see! I have a kind of typical english accent, maybe thats why it works ... some, most, a lot of the time for me LOL
Hey British accents are a plus for videos...or in general, people love it! My accent is Spanish (i'm originally Cuban) and now i've acquired a bit of a Portuguese thing after living in Portugal....plus I've lived in the North and now the South of the USA....I tend to pick up the accent where I live, but keep part of the accents i picked up before :p People understand me, but my hybrid accent is there with me everywhere I go. lol Closed captions are my friend....just in case.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey British accents are a plus for videos...or in general, people love it! My accent is Spanish (i'm originally Cuban) and now i've acquired a bit of a Portuguese thing after living in Portugal....plus I've lived in the North and now the South of the USA....I tend to pick up the accent where I live, but keep part of the accents i picked up before :p People understand me, but my hybrid accent is there with me everywhere I go. lol Closed captions are my friend....just in case.
Thats so cool! I wonder what your accent will be like if you move around a few more times hahaha a total mix!
I watched one of your videos, your 7 tips in 7 minuets, and your accent is really nice! The CC seemed to pick it up quite well too :D

Reactions: ArtesVives