Audio Recording Software

Neimos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi guys!
What software are you using to record and edit your audio? I'm using Audacity, but I can't really find a way to make my audio nice and even (the leveler tool doesn't work that well), so I end up leveling it manually while I'm editing the video. Maybe someone found a way? Let me know :)

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I use audacity and do the noise removal. Then when I am editing on Final Cut Pro I add up Mud remove, noise removal for wind and voice enchancement :3 It has work nice for me lately

Neimos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So you don't have problems with not even audio? Maybe it's because of my microphone :(

Astinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used Audacity before but I've now switched to Adobe Audition and in my opinion it's way better, much more options, the interface is easier to use :)

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Audacity is awesome if you want to keep it free(or at least legal), but Audition offers much more - not only allows you to record audio, but has TONS of editing options. Personally though I use GoldWave for editing. It's free, really clean and simple and provides options you need to make your audio SHINE.

Neimos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is Audition more demanding than Audacity in case of cpu usage? Have you noticed any difference in game performance when you switched to Audition?

Flash Cake

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
In Audacity, I:
  • Remove the background noise
  • Use the Compressor (remember to check mark the box "compression based on peaks")
  • Then I use a Hard Limiter
  • Finally Normalise the audio.
This is the best I can get to levelled audio before the editing becomes destructive to the quality. Hope this helps.