Audio is important.. Don't forget about it.

PeterCoffin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use a Blue Yeti, my brother gave it to me last year as a birthday present. I use it for everything, extremely versatile and sounds awesome.

unknown_user0202902383

Reaction score
wow yeah you ARE right!
audio is often overlooked which is whats so unique about the pros...
i wish my audio could be as good as theirs!

PakZoric

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Thanks! I have never considered this while making videos and I don't think many others do! I have just started using a cheap microphone instead of my webcam microphone and I noticed a difference! I also took the little foam filter thing from my Turtle Beaches X11 and put it onto the microphone so I don't get a pop noise. :)

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
Aha i also use a Yeti :)

TheLightSkinSmurf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Never really had a problem with bad audio. Idk, my video cam picks up my audio just fine. I agree with it being important tho.

derraleves

YouTube Marketing Expert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
This is very true, another important thing to remember about audio is that along with the quality of the sound you also need quality of what's being said, keep the content relevant and clear for your audience as well as for search engines to pick up on.

TheLightSkinSmurf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just messed up some audio in my newest vid. Not that big of a deal tho.

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
super great tips! I'll keep these in mind when it comes time to get mics 'cuz for my single subject vlogs, my camera mic works fine, but it would be nice to have a few more options.

echoraven

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I hear someone with a gaming headset or some other poor quality mic, I'm just itching to close the video.
:wtf:
..then you have far more restraint than I. I'd close it immediately! Then again, I'm a musician with a high quality condenser mic (and a decent dynamic one too).[DOUBLEPOST=1432057680,1432057567][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is the Blue Yeti USB mic ok?
Absolutely. If I didn't have a audio interface, the Yeti would be on the top of my list.