Are there less hateful comments if yt comments off but sent to social media or/and website?

monstermash

Reaction score
Do people bully much less if the youtuber chooses to have their comments turned off but post links in their video descriptions and redirect people to visit their facebook, instagram, and their website? Like saying "write me on ___." in the video.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you SO MUCH! ^_^

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Do people bully much less if the youtuber chooses to have their comments turned off but post links in their video descriptions and redirect people to visit their facebook, instagram, and their website? Like saying "write me on ___." in the video.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you SO MUCH! ^_^

I would recommend keeping the comments open because Youtube sees comments as engagement and they help you grow via the algorithm. If there are some really bad comments, you can delete them or report on a case by case basis but I do recommend you allow comments on your videos. :)

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
I answer all negative comments. Every single one. No matter how bad they are. I generally make a rational and sensible response basically proving how stupid bullying/trolling is. I would say 40-50% of the time the commenter changes their tune somewhat after I respond reasonably.

I have been dealing with trolls online for 25 years. The best way to deal with them is to not let them troll/bully you. If you don't take offense in what they are saying (and take one step further, you actually respond to them kindly and reasonably), there is no fun in trolling/bullying.

I generally end up thanking people if they keep arguing with me, for commenting and driving up engagement. And I usually say something like "you must LOVE the video since you can't stop commenting on it. Thank you so much (heart)!" and I heart all of their negative comments. lol

Honestly I kind of enjoy and look forward to the negative comments. They make it less boring.

Reactions: Crown

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
the real nasty ones are more likely to pick on someone they perceive is worried about negative comments/has them turned off.
if you don't really care about them then they gain nothing, and help you with engagement anyway.

if there's a specific thing you are worried about, you can add your own banned words list, and phrases too. so those comments wont even show up. ever.