Are Intro's Good or Bad?

This is my take on intro's:
  • If your intro at the beginning of your video, then make it short. Real short like 3-4 seconds. Your video should last as long as it takes you to say this: "Yada yooba ya dada yooba yadda da!".
  • If you are placing your intro a couple minutes / seconds into your video (tv series style, think of something like CSI, crime happens, Heratio rocks up, says something arb then looks at you like he knows your secrets, intro starts) here you can have a longer intro because you've peeked the viewer's attention.
:up:

Intros are not needed, but if it works for you, make sure it is 3-5 seconds. Anything longer hurts you in the long run.

5-7 seconds is a good amount of time for intros. I know after sitting down to watch a video and having to watch their 15 sec intro, I get a bit annoyed, especially if im hosting myself a mini marathon of videos on their channel.

I really like what DavidSoComedy does, he will hook his audience with something catchy andfunny the first 10 seconds of the video. Then, he will include his intro after screaming "LETS GET IT. LETS GO". It's a really good technique to immediately get the audience interested

Back