Appearing mostly clear on youtube

TheNoseGuy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
One technique that I have found when recording my reviews has been to write a script for your video. This way you will stutter far less and actually appear much more 'clean-cut' writing a script also allows for you to read over what you're going to say and change anything that might be a little offensive or might not make sense compared to what you said earlier on. A script also allows for your video to seem much more professional.

If you make a mistake when recording yourself reading your script, just simply repeat the line perfectly and delete the mistake in editing. This makes it so that your mistakes can be pin pointed when looking at the audio peaks.

The most important thing about releasing content on youtube is to do it because you enjoy it not because you feel as though you have to.

If anyone else can add tips to this thread please feel free as I also want to learn and recieve help from the community.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't write a script because that ends up sounding too formal. For my reviews I have a sheet of notes I use when I can't remember anything to talk about.

Reactions: TheNoseGuy

TheNoseGuy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't write a script because that ends up sounding too formal. For my reviews I have a sheet of notes I use when I can't remember anything to talk about.
Ah right, whatever works best for you man. I tried working from notes but found that I stuttered too much so for me; writing a script was the best option

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup, editing is my best friend when it comes to sounding more clear. I also find that making sure your lighting and camera placement stays consistent during the filming process, so all your cuts look as close to exactly the same as possible. Nothing gives you away as doing many takes over a period of time as the light changing drastically.

Reactions: TheNoseGuy

TheNoseGuy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yup, editing is my best friend when it comes to sounding more clear. I also find that making sure your lighting and camera placement stays consistent during the filming process, so all your cuts look as close to exactly the same as possible. Nothing gives you away as doing many takes over a period of time as the light changing drastically.
The exact reason I probably won't do vlogs ahahahaha