Anyone had a video become popular that they didn't want to?

Reaction score
Website
www.mattlawson.co.uk
Channel Type
Guru
I'm not embarrassed about my early videos, but the sound quality, my presentation skills, and the video editing has improved since then. Unfortunately, it's the one video I've had so far that has really ticked the SEO boxed on YouTube, and out of my 16,000 total channel views, it has 7,000 of them! I'm hopeful it brings more people to my channel and they'll see the improved videos, but it's so frustrating that my very first video is the one that is getting all the views!

Anyone else had a scenario like this, where they've put hours and hours into a better video, but it's an old, not so polished one that's getting the love for various reasons?

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, used GoPro to record a cute LIZARD jumping in slow motion, 2.5 years ago, best viewed video on the channel. Now using expansive camera gear but never see such a result, although the topics are different. I did however made a remake of that video using same GoPro video footage, seems to be getting good views but nothing like the original.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes and no, I don't really mind any of my PUBLIC videos getting popular, but I have a video from around 2015, a video about 'why I love wearing glasses' which is... cringy because of the quality... It ended up getting around 1k views in the first year, reaching 11k views the year after... it currently sits at around 16.8k views, which obviously is not MASSIVELY popular (definitely not viral) but it's still to this day my best performing video... Maybe one day it'll be surpassed ...